Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BountyHunter

Chud to interview with the Browns?

175 posts in this topic

Tell me this in a year when Chud is still here and we have a top 5 offense and you will be saying he is the best OC in the league and paying 5 mil for him to stay

Tell me this in a year when Chud is still here and we have a top 5 offense and you will be saying he is the best OC in the league and paying 5 mil for him to stay

it wont be because of chud. it will be solely on cams back. chud is just along for the ride

Yeah but you will still be saying Chud is a great OC. Do you really think Chud got worse at calling plays from last year no he didn't. Are offensive line was the problem with all the injuries and the defense couldn't finish close games like the Falcons game.

For those of you who wanted to keep Rivera bc you were afraid of Cam's progression through a new offense...I laugh at you.

Looks like the Chuds offense could be gone in 2013.

I'm really questioning my Chud hate lately. I don't know about this. And I sure as hell don't want Norv instead

I'd pay the browns 5 mil to take him

For 5 mil I'll just take him out.

You need my Paypal info?

Yeah but you will still be saying Chud is a great OC. Do you really think Chud got worse at calling plays from last year no he didn't. Are offensive line was the problem with all the injuries and the defense couldn't finish close games like the Falcons game.

Yes I do. His commirment to the read option as a base offense was a HUGE mistake. And he was arrogant about not changing it until week 10. Amazingly enough we got better, ran it better, and won more games once he stopped that(psst we looked better with all back up olineman and Stew out, so it wasn't personnel). It took him 10 games to change what everyone else wanted gone in week 3 or 4. Year 1 he was pass happy in the first half of the season also. Guess what? In the second half of year 1 when he started running the ball we won 4 of our last 6. Coincidence? But this year he starts off pass happy again and when we do run it , it's all read option plays. That is the definition of not recognizing his mistake year 1 but actually compounding it by sticking to a flawed plan when it is obvious to everyone that it is not working.

Chud is Mike Martz 2.0. Brilliant but too impatient and arrogant. Chud and his commitment to the read option(and long developing spread pass plays when our oline is suspect) shot this season in the foot before it started. Other problems? Definitely. But his was self-inflicted.

2 people like this

Chud is Mike Martz 2.0. Brilliant but too impatient and arrogant. Chud and his commitment to the read option(and long developing spread pass plays when our oline is suspect) shot this season in the foot before it started. Other problems? Definitely. But his was self-inflicted.

For the sake of space, I didn't quote your entire post, but I endorse and agree with every word you wrote. Very well stated.

This.

It's also disingenuous to say things like "he learned from his mistakes and made adjustments as the year progressed". Chud didn't adjust anything until we started firing people. Then and only then did we move back towards a more pro set which - surprise surprise - Cam looked really good running and the team started making strides and looking strong.

Has Norv had any interviews yet? I wonder if he is waiting to see what all happens.

Chud didn't adjust anything until we started firing people. Then and only then did we move back towards a more pro set which - surprise surprise - Cam looked really good running and the team started making strides and looking strong.

Exactly why I want to keep him. I think either he's learned his lesson or Rivera has learned it for him and will keep a much tighter reign on him.

So Chud and Anderson going back home?

I am not the huge Norv fan that others seem to be. Oline has ot be solid to make any offense run.