• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#136 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

For those of you who wanted to keep Rivera bc you were afraid of Cam's progression through a new offense...I laugh at you.

Looks like the Chuds offense could be gone in 2013.

#137 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm really questioning my Chud hate lately. I don't know about this. And I sure as hell don't want Norv instead

#138 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'd pay the browns 5 mil to take him

For 5 mil I'll just take him out.

You need my Paypal info?

#139 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yeah but you will still be saying Chud is a great OC. Do you really think Chud got worse at calling plays from last year no he didn't. Are offensive line was the problem with all the injuries and the defense couldn't finish close games like the Falcons game.

Yes I do. His commirment to the read option as a base offense was a HUGE mistake. And he was arrogant about not changing it until week 10. Amazingly enough we got better, ran it better, and won more games once he stopped that(psst we looked better with all back up olineman and Stew out, so it wasn't personnel). It took him 10 games to change what everyone else wanted gone in week 3 or 4. Year 1 he was pass happy in the first half of the season also. Guess what? In the second half of year 1 when he started running the ball we won 4 of our last 6. Coincidence? But this year he starts off pass happy again and when we do run it , it's all read option plays. That is the definition of not recognizing his mistake year 1 but actually compounding it by sticking to a flawed plan when it is obvious to everyone that it is not working.
Chud is Mike Martz 2.0. Brilliant but too impatient and arrogant. Chud and his commitment to the read option(and long developing spread pass plays when our oline is suspect) shot this season in the foot before it started. Other problems? Definitely. But his was self-inflicted.

#140 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Chud is Mike Martz 2.0. Brilliant but too impatient and arrogant. Chud and his commitment to the read option(and long developing spread pass plays when our oline is suspect) shot this season in the foot before it started. Other problems? Definitely. But his was self-inflicted.

For the sake of space, I didn't quote your entire post, but I endorse and agree with every word you wrote. Very well stated.

#141 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

This.

It's also disingenuous to say things like "he learned from his mistakes and made adjustments as the year progressed". Chud didn't adjust anything until we started firing people. Then and only then did we move back towards a more pro set which - surprise surprise - Cam looked really good running and the team started making strides and looking strong.

#142 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Has Norv had any interviews yet? I wonder if he is waiting to see what all happens.

#143 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Chud didn't adjust anything until we started firing people. Then and only then did we move back towards a more pro set which - surprise surprise - Cam looked really good running and the team started making strides and looking strong.

Exactly why I want to keep him. I think either he's learned his lesson or Rivera has learned it for him and will keep a much tighter reign on him.

#144 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

So Chud and Anderson going back home?

I am not the huge Norv fan that others seem to be. Oline has ot be solid to make any offense run.

#145 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,571 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Has Norv had any interviews yet? I wonder if he is waiting to see what all happens.

Only speculation so far.

#146 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

There's no one available that I'd rather have, except maybe Norv (maybe) so I don't know about this.

It's just that the later weeks looked so good. If he would just wake the fug up and do what works, keep him. But I dont trust him to not go full retard again, and in case, GTFO. But since there's no way to tell what he'll do, I feel like we should hang on to him on the idea that we won't get anything better in replacement. At least not anyone worth the new system.

#147 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yes I do. His commirment to the read option as a base offense was a HUGE mistake. And he was arrogant about not changing it until week 10. Amazingly enough we got better, ran it better, and won more games once he stopped that(psst we looked better with all back up olineman and Stew out, so it wasn't personnel). It took him 10 games to change what everyone else wanted gone in week 3 or 4. Year 1 he was pass happy in the first half of the season also. Guess what? In the second half of year 1 when he started running the ball we won 4 of our last 6. Coincidence? But this year he starts off pass happy again and when we do run it , it's all read option plays. That is the definition of not recognizing his mistake year 1 but actually compounding it by sticking to a flawed plan when it is obvious to everyone that it is not working.

No we didn't start winning games because we stopped running the read option because he ran is all year long. we started winning games because we started to run it well like against the eagles, falcons and the bucs. So it's not like he stopped running it week 10 because we ran it just as much. look at the first two touchdowns against the eagles they were both play action read option. Chud didn't change week 10 the defense did and the offensive line did. Panthers vs Chargers 31 to 7 panthers won.. Chud vs Norv ..Chud won.

#148 MemphisGambler

MemphisGambler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

the biggest concern i have about turner and one that i've brought up before and no one has said anything about is how would turner include cam's running ability? i don't know how mobile a QB he's had in the past and if it was something that he utilized. i don't know how progressive he is.

if he doesn't allow for cam to run, we will constantly be leaving yardage and points on the table.

turner just seems too old school to me. i think that the game is starting to pass him by as well.

I am waiting for this running QB scheming to be adjusted to by NFL defenses. They will figure it out. Skins ran their version of it (better than ours) using the Shanahan zone blocking scheme he used in Denver and making Alfred Morris look like Walter Payton (scheme was better than Chuds). RGIII is already out of commission after one season. Russell Wilson could be the next one. Wilson is smart in that he seems to avoid contact even during his much praised blocking for Lynch (he didn't really block anyone, he created a distraction). Cam needs to be a pocket passer and rollout QB with running being a second or third option except in short yardage situations. Cam running plays can also be utilized in a surprise element. This read option crap will go down the toilet for all teams soon. Russell Wilson has a more compact physique than RGIII but if he continues to run down the field blocking people, someone will send Wilson to the hospital as well.

I want us to build on OL to enhance the running game with our talented running backs and give protection to Cam to distribute the ball to multiple options with a distribution of pass plays for short yardage and chunks of yardage. If we can build a great OL, the potential for sustained success can be achieved. Until I see a team win a Super Bowl doing what the Panthers, Seahawks, Redskins, and 49ers now do with Kaepernick , I expect that the teams with the best drop back passing schemes will still win the gold.

In the end, though, I don't want Norv. I want Rivera to tell Chud or whoever else that we will play the game based on making Cam a passer who runs when necessary or to trick defenses on occasions. Develop Cam into a passer as goal one.

#149 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

No we didn't start winning games because we stopped running the read option because he ran is all year long. we started winning games because we started to run it well like against the eagles, falcons and the bucs. So it's not like he stopped running it week 10 because we ran it just as much. look at the first two touchdowns against the eagles they were both play action read option. Chud didn't change week 10 the defense did and the offensive line did. Panthers vs Chargers 31 to 7 panthers won.. Chud vs Norv ..Chud won.

That's just not true.

We ran the read option much more early in the year than late in the year. Hell, in the last game against NO, we only ran it 3 times. Compare that to the 21 times we ran it against Atlanta early in the year, or 11 times vs Seattle, or 14 times against Dallas.

#150 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Please hire him, Browns. We need Norv!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com