Photo
- - - - -

Chud to interview with the Browns?

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#166 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

According to Mort, Chud's got the job

#167 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,253 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

@mortreport

Rob Chudzinksi is a done deal. He is the Browns new head coach. Confirmed.

#168 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,933 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wow

#169 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's Shurmur 2.0 in CLE

#170 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Norv Turner, come on down

#171 ddowney25

ddowney25

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Who is going to miss Chud, after we promote Shula?

#172 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Norv could get hired as OC for Cleveland if Chud was hired as HC.

cough cough, motherfugers.

#173 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

This may be an unpopular view, but I think Chud will have success within 2-3 years in Cleveland & if we keep Rivera we will be wishing we had fired Rivera & hired Chud as our HC. Chud is the oppposite of Rivera, he uses the personnel he has to determine scheme, not square peg round hole philosophy.

As an OC, Chud has been successful, remember he is not the HC & Rivera still adds his stamp to what 'his' OC does. Chud had success in Cleveland before (as an OC) & it was his offense that got Cleveland to the postseason for the first time in many many years, then the defense lost that playoff game for them (against Pittsburg, I think)...Cleveland was ahead by far, then the defense fell apart...like Cleveland is known to do.

I think we will be looking back down the road & changing our collective tune on Chud. He is a smart guy who can get results & adapt to the changing NFL game. As a leader, I think he is not a disciplinarian, but I think he can be effective as a HC. The good thing about real decisions is that we will see real results...both with Chud in Cleveland & keeping Rivera here.

I like what someone said about how decisions in the NFL work different than what we think they should be, b/c they know more than us. I think this may work out that way too. (As a caveat, I think our D line discussions prior to last years draft may contradict that to some degree tho, b/c most of us have known for many years that better decisions needed to be made in regards to our DL & even our FS position (not to mention CB#2 or a future true #1 WR spots).

#174 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

This may be an unpopular view, but I think Chud will have success within 2-3 years in Cleveland & if we keep Rivera we will be wishing we had fired Rivera & hired Chud as our HC. Chud is the oppposite of Rivera, he uses the personnel he has to determine scheme, not square peg round hole philosophy.

As an OC, Chud has been successful, remember he is not the HC & Rivera still adds his stamp to what 'his' OC does. Chud had success in Cleveland before (as an OC) & it was his offense that got Cleveland to the postseason for the first time in many many years, then the defense lost that playoff game for them (against Pittsburg, I think)...Cleveland was ahead by far, then the defense fell apart...like Cleveland is known to do.

I think we will be looking back down the road & changing our collective tune on Chud. He is a smart guy who can get results & adapt to the changing NFL game. As a leader, I think he is not a disciplinarian, but I think he can be effective as a HC. The good thing about real decisions is that we will see real results...both with Chud in Cleveland & keeping Rivera here.

I like what someone said about how decisions in the NFL work different than what we think they should be, b/c they know more than us. I think this may work out that way too. (As a caveat, I think our D line discussions prior to last years draft may contradict that to some degree tho, b/c most of us have known for many years that better decisions needed to be made in regards to our DL & even our FS position (not to mention CB#2 or a future true #1 WR spots).

I agree for the most part. I dont really want Chud for our head coach... but I think that the fan base has been too hard on chud, after he completely took our offense on a 180 degree turn around (anybody remember 'Pickles'?)

I think that losing Chud will probably hurt Cam's progression.

#175 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I agree for the most part. I dont really want Chud for our head coach... but I think that the fan base has been too hard on chud, after he completely took our offense on a 180 degree turn around (anybody remember 'Pickles'?)

I think that losing Chud will probably hurt Cam's progression.

I agree with you. I didn't want Chud as 'our' HC, but just don't think some people are giving him his due.

The 1 possible benefit is if a new OC comes in & tries to keep it basic. I think Chud's complex offense that he tried to install in year 2, hurt Cam early & then he backed it back down & Cam looked better.

I don't think Chud leaving will make a huge difference this coming year in regards to wins/losses, but he was a good (even if not the best) OC & made the PAnthers fun to watch...esp. in his first year here when there were not extremely high expectations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com