174 replies to this topic

#121 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

the only time I can think of where he would be considered "great" would be the 91-93 period where he had 3 Hall of Famers and many more outstanding players to coach. His OC stints with the Chargers,Dolphins, and Niners are nothing to write home about.

I would certainly write home about them, and I have, my mom has asked me to please stop.

He brought the Niners a top 10 offense in 2006 after being terrible and shut out many times the years before. He took the Dolphins to 10-6 with frickin Jay Fiedler at QB. The only bad stint was his year as OC for the Chargers, but they were coming off a 1-15 season and were just an absolutely dreadful team.

#122 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Okay after thinking about it all day I don't want to lose Chud. At all. Look how much the O improved when he realized the read option wasn't working and how bad the line was.

#123 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Okay after thinking about it all day I don't want to lose Chud. At all. Look how much the O improved when he realized the read option wasn't working and how bad the line was.

But look at how long it took him to "realize" (aka be forced by Rivera to change) that. We all recognized it in week 2 and 3, but he didn't do anything about it until week 11.

#124 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

But look at how long it took him to "realize" (aka be forced by Rivera to change) that. We all recognized it in week 2 and 3, but he didn't do anything about it until week 11.

i mean if we got a Norv Turner in return, that's great but I don't want Cam having to learn a whole new offense already. Also Norv wouldn't come here where he has 1 year to make the playoffs if he had other offers. It could be so much worse

#125 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Norv has openly stated he'd like to work with his friends and coaches he's familiar with. That may counter balance whatever trepidation the hot seat brings.

#126 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

If Chud stays then Rivera better plan on shoving his right fist up his ass all next season, making the Chud puppet say " I will run the F#$king ball prostyle,with a fullback, and my QB will not lead the team in rushing." Problem solved.

#127 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Send Chud to the Browns and take Norv.

Win/ Win

How could any of you want Norv over Chud..it's just sad. Just a year ago all of you guys were scared that he would leave and now you want a terrible coach in Norv over him. Look at are offensive line and the fact that chud still was able to get us a top half of the league offense is impressive.

#128 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'd pay the browns 5 mil to take him

No you wouldn't

#129 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

No you wouldn't

i would.

#130 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Please god.

#131 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

i would.

I bet you 5 mil you will regret it when are offense is ranked in the 20s and Cam takes a step back under Norv

#132 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I bet you 5 mil you will regret it when are offense is ranked in the 20s and Cam takes a step back under Norv

you might as well pay for chud to leave because id be winning your money anyway

#133 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Tell me this in a year when Chud is still here and we have a top 5 offense and you will be saying he is the best OC in the league and paying 5 mil for him to stay

#134 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Tell me this in a year when Chud is still here and we have a top 5 offense and you will be saying he is the best OC in the league and paying 5 mil for him to stay

it wont be because of chud. it will be solely on cams back. chud is just along for the ride

#135 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah but you will still be saying Chud is a great OC. Do you really think Chud got worse at calling plays from last year no he didn't. Are offensive line was the problem with all the injuries and the defense couldn't finish close games like the Falcons game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com