Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jase

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

205 posts in this topic

Nope. Handguns too:

Haughton opened fire at the Azana Day Spa around 11 a.m. Sunday, just three days after his estranged wife, Zina, obtained a four-year restraining order. He was ordered to turn over all of his firearms to a county sheriff, though it's unclear whether he turned in any weapons.

But he bought the .40-caliber semiautomatic handgun used in the attack from a private owner on Saturday, according to police in Brown Deer, the Milwaukee suburb where Haughton lived. The seller did nothing illegal, however, because Wisconsin law only requires background checks and a 48-hour waiting period from gun dealers, not from private individuals.

Three of the victims remained hospitalized late Monday.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/wis-lawmakers-push-for-more-gun-control-2012-10#ixzz2Hylvoesr

http://www.businessinsider.com/wis-lawmakers-push-for-more-gun-control-2012-10

I guess the thing that troubles me is usually those that lean right, seem to have this very odd or almost naïve trust of Corporate America, and they don't even mind if Corporate America is hypocritical or condescending. They just trust them.

"I don't mind smarter more common sense gun laws. but that's as far as it needs to go." I have yet to read anything which would lead me to believe our federal government intends to do anything other than that.

I, too, am perplexed at why anyone wouldn't trust the entity which has a monopoly on the legal use of force.

When will people realize that the real threat is the Coca-Cola Company?

coca-cola.jpg

Look at it. It's taunting us with our enjoyment of giving up freedom for security.

Fascism has no clearer symbol around which to build solidarity!

Gun shows are dealers, dealers require background checks, if Fuzz sells me a gun he does not have to do a background check.

THUS, Pistols at gun shows still require background checks.

and DAMN THAT GUN TO HELL for killing that man's wife, he surely wouldn't have done it had the gun not forced his hand.

and DAMN THAT GUN TO HELL for killing that man's wife, he surely wouldn't have done it had the gun not forced his hand.

but it made it so much easier in his hand

Gun shows are dealers, dealers require background checks, if Fuzz sells me a gun he does not have to do a background check.

THUS, Pistols at gun shows still require background checks.

Bill Bernstein, owner of East Side Gun Shop in East Nashville, objects to these ostensibly casual sellers on business grounds. Strictly speaking, they don’t pose direct competition to his business, since he stays away from gun shows. But their regular activities end up looking very similar to his, just without the rules, regulation and red tape.

“It’s their ‘private collection,’ ” he said, “[but] their private collection changes every week, and every week or every gun show they’re out there with a different table of guns, buying, selling, trading. I’m sorry, to me that person is an unlicensed dealer.

Bernstein is not calling for stricter regulation of what he considers “unlicensed dealers” for the purpose of stronger gun control, but rather in the interest of general fairness. Simply put, they’re cutting corners where he can’t. But his complaint also lends credence to the primary argument against the legal exceptions that allow such activity.

Under the guise of a casual private sale, these unlicensed dealers are able to operate outside of rules and regulations, such as required background checks, that would typically govern sales of similar volume and frequency. On the flip side, they create a quasi-legitimate market where individuals who would otherwise be prohibited from obtaining a firearm can purchase one. It is a felony to knowingly sell a gun to a prohibited person, but without a required background check, the situation effectively becomes one of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” regardless of the intentions of the dealer.

http://nashvillecity...ckground-checks

Can I buy pot from you

Shouldn't you be in bed already?

Snuggies make it easier to be lazy, but they don't create laziness. :D

put one on and see what happens

1 person likes this

facepalm.jpg

The people who think shooting someone is easier than any other way of killing... If you are okay with killing something or someone I don't think the tool matters too much...

Switzerland and to a lesser extent the USA are the only places on the planet where you can easily defend yourself, Gun grabbers you have the Rest of the planet, move..