Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

205 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

but the govt makes the law yo.

your govt repealed glass stegall. your govt refused to rein in freddie and fannie long before the meltdown. your govt passed the debt relief act the year BEFORE the meltdown.

your govt has the best ability at pushing up inflation which causes goods to go up which creates a LARGER gap between rich and poor.

your govt.

That is where you are mistaken. It isn't "my government", it is "our government". You may not like "our government", but if you feel so strongly about it and enough people share your views, you can replace those that represent you or you can run for office. On the other hand, it isn't "my Exxon" or "my Chase" unless I own their stock. Corporate leadership answers to their stockholders. What is in the best interests of "all" Americans or the USA comes in a distant second at best to someone running a corporation. The reckless behavior on Wall Street, driven by greed to boost "their" personal bottom line, ultimately resulting in "our" global financial collapse, is a fantastic example of what I'm referring to.

Posted · Report post

There is a lot to improve with our government, a lot to just hate about it.

That being said, you show me an example of anyone else in history governing 310 million people spread across 6 separate time zones with better results.

America is fuging big.

Posted · Report post

ahh. so we have come full circle just the way i like it. we are unhealthy, uneducated gun loving creteans, but we are family. :lol:

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

ahh. so we have come full circle just the way i like it. we are unhealthy, uneducated gun loving creteans, but we are family. :lol:

Exactly.

Posted · Report post

Zero interest in addressing the fuged up people committing crimes. 100% interest in making new laws and regs to hurt normal citizens.

I'm pretty sure everyone's for looking further into mental health issues, it's just you don't have a bunch of people running around saying "anybody that wants to take my crazy people's gonna DIE!"

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Maybe I will believe you liberals care about children when you ban abortion...

F#ck all those dead babies though, you just care about the 20 that you think will help disarm America.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure everyone's for looking further into mental health issues, it's just you don't have a bunch of people running around saying "anybody that wants to take my crazy people's gonna DIE!"

The interesting thing about the NRA endorsing a national database for "crazy people" is this. For that idea to be even marginally effective, every gun sale would now require a background check. That means no more "gun show loophole", no more resale of firearms by owners without background checks. There would also need to be a comprehensive national database of gun owners and their weapons, so that those that became "crazy" after the fact could be identified as gun owners "at risk". This national database would also be needed to ensure gun owners didn't "forget" to report their firearms "lost" or "stolen", ultimately falling into the hands of some "crazy" person.

Posted · Report post

Glad to see my rational, well thought out and written article on how Amendments and "freedoms" actually work was dismissed by just about everyone in the mad rush to cry about how their gun hobby may or may not be impacted by our governments crazy idea that maybe having less guns available to anyone who wants them might save a life or two someday.

And face it folks, it's just a hobby. All this talk about "defending my freedoms" and the only freedoms you seem to be complaining about.....is guns.

The same people who prattle on about these hypotheticals are the same people who think Obama wants to have Al Queida take over, is going to take your money and give it to the Black Panther Police Force or back "home" to Kenya. In other words, the mentally suspect are the ones telling us that we need to do more to identify and restraining the mentally suspect.

When all this happened, I honestly was on the fence about all this, but you people going on about a Constitution that does not exist in reality, quoting DC vs. Heller while forgetting that Scalia specifically mentions the governments right and duty to restrict gun ownership as it sees fit, and trying to convince us that the reason you have to own giant weapons is to protect yourself from the greatest military on the planet and has nothing to do with it being a hobby that makes you feel more manly are the ones that have convinced me that you need to be reined in a bit.

No one has ever mentioned anything about the types of weapons you would reasonably use to defend your home.

No one has ever mentioned that people are going to "take your guns" - but like Saddam Hussein before this, you have to have a hypothetical boogeyman to make your delusional fantasies about an "enemy" and making the appropriate testosterone based response seem reasonable.

Posted · Report post

Maybe I will believe you liberals care about children when you ban abortion...

F#ck all those dead babies though, you just care about the 20 that you think will help disarm America.

A world where there is no need for an abortion would be ideal. I think we will eventually get there with the exception of medical emergencies where the mother's life is at stake. For the time being, Bill Clinton's position is most realistic: "abortions should be safe, legal and rare." With an emphasis on rare. Greater access to birth control devices/education and the Affordable Care Act will be a big help in that regard. Hopefully abortion will become as rare as a hen's tooth as our society progresses.

Posted · Report post

Remember that 85% of US population located in and around big cities. If it comes to conflict, government will never win urban warfare without killing dozen millions of civilians. You also need to remember that there are millions of highly trained pissed off army and marine troops that got screwed by the government. If we look back in history, people raising against their government is a very common thing all throughout human history. As long as people can afford food and basic things, nothing will happen.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

but cwg didn't you hear EXECUTIVE ORDER