Photo
- - - - -

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#151 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

That what i'm saying. The governments job is the regulation of these laws. If the people wanted marijuana its the governments job to say alright we'll give you weed, but lets throw down some ground rules.

aren't those ground rules what we're talking about right now?

#152 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

And ruling and dictating laws by simply using a majority is also a slippery slope. Which is what I was trying not so eloquently to allude to earlier

#153 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

And sink to the bottom with the submarines.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationOut in God's country.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

I was drawing a comparison between the two thought processes.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs until they infringe on the rights of others. If someone wants to be racist...go ahead and be one. It's your right. But the day a belief infringes on someone elses rights is the day your belief is no longer just a belief and the "freedom" associated with it becomes cloudy

So how is what i'm saying infringing on anyone's beliefs? so you would rather one persons beliefs speak for millions rather than it be your opinion against anothers? What your saying is exactly what our government is doing to us as we speak. Our governments beliefs infringing on the peoples rights and our associated "freedom" is indeed becoming very cloudy.

#154 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

So how is what i'm saying infringing on anyone's beliefs? so you would rather one persons beliefs speak for millions rather than it be your opinion against anothers? What your saying is exactly what our government is doing to us as we speak. Our governments beliefs infringing on the peoples rights and our associated "freedom" is indeed becoming very cloudy.

I never said anything like that.

#155 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

aren't those ground rules what we're talking about right now?

Yes it is. So these ground rules. EO's in my opinion aren't what is needed. It's an entire overhaul of what we call the 2nd amendment that satisfies both parties.

#156 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I was drawing a comparison between the two thought processes.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs until they infringe on the rights of others. If someone wants to be racist...go ahead and be one. It's your right. But the day a belief infringes on someone elses rights is the day your belief is no longer just a belief and the "freedom" associated with it becomes cloudy

This is my opionion of responsible and lawful firearm ownership.

#157 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

But the day a belief infringes on someone elses rights is the day your belief is no longer just a belief and the "freedom" associated with it becomes cloudy

I never said anything like that.

so you would rather one persons beliefs speak for millions rather than it be your opinion against anothers? What your saying is exactly what our government is doing to us as we speak.

Our governments beliefs infringing on the peoples rights and our associated "freedom" is indeed becoming very cloudy.

it's a question and an adaptation of what you said. so yes you did say it

#158 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'm not trying to spark and argument i'm trying to satisfy everyone and apparently that can't be done. So i'm sorry. It was a thought, an idea. Maybe i'm too openminded to believe something like this could work or maybe i put too much faith in people to think that they would choose what is right.

#159 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

This is my opionion of responsible and lawful firearm ownership.

and I think you should be able to own a gun. I just want to add in some more checks to make sure everyone else is as responsible as you are.

#160 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm not trying to spark and argument i'm trying to satisfy everyone and apparently that can't be done. So i'm sorry. It was a thought, an idea. Maybe i'm too openminded to believe something like this could work or maybe i put too much faith in people to think that they would choose what is right.

Look at NC and Amendment 1. You do have too much faith in people doing what is right.

#161 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Look at NC and Amendment 1. You do have too much faith in people doing what is right.

Finally we can agree on something.

#162 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

You're right I do. There could also be a kind of checks and balances thing with this. Just like what we have now. If the government believes the majority doesn't have the best interests involved it could be overturned? I'm trying to have everyone's voice heard and I don't see what's wrong with that?

#163 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

and I think you should be able to own a gun. I just want to add in some more checks to make sure everyone else is as responsible as you are.

I realize this and agree to an extent.

So many people are used to video games that they do not respect it for what it is, a tool and a deadly weapon.

#164 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,377 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Agree on both counts here as well... People often go out of their way to NOT do what's right apparently.

#165 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

We have that now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com