Photo
- - - - -

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#166 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

Theirs but to do and die:

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

We have that now

Dear god you can't even throw me a fuggin bone can you?

#167 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

CEO of Weapons Training Company Who Threatened to ‘Start Killing People’ Over Gun Control Has Handgun Permit Revoked

The head of firearms training company who took to YouTube and Facebook this week to threaten a murderous response to any attempt on the Obama administration's part to "ban assault rifles and impose stricter gun control" has had his handgun carry permit suspended by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security for presenting "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public."

#168 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

ho boy

#169 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

CEO of Weapons Training Company Who Threatened to ‘Start Killing People’ Over Gun Control Has Handgun Permit Revoked

The head of firearms training company who took to YouTube and Facebook this week to threaten a murderous response to any attempt on the Obama administration's part to "ban assault rifles and impose stricter gun control" has had his handgun carry permit suspended by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security for presenting "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public."

does this mean he's going to start killing people now or what

#170 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

i guess we will find out

#171 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

let's just arrest him now kthx

#172 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,203 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

That would be zero, pedofiles are a good reason own a gun.

Also I would love to see some links and proof of the relative percentages.

I hope pedofiles are like the x files.

#173 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,094 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Hey come on now he's just defending our way of life

#174 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I haven't been able to listen to Obama's presser today, but did he say he was going to enact some gun legislation through executive order?

If so, shouldn't that at least trouble most everyone ?

#175 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I haven't been able to listen to Obama's presser today, but did he say he was going to enact some gun legislation through executive order?

If so, shouldn't that at least trouble most everyone ?

Never served in the military, and probably knows less about guns than you or I. Yes, scares me quite a bit.

#176 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

OBAMA: Well, as I said, the vice president and a number of members of my cabinet went through a very thorough process over the last month, meeting with a lot of stakeholders in this, including the NRA; listened to proposals from all quarters. And they’ve presented me now with a list of sensible, common sense steps that can be taken to make sure that the kind of violence we saw at Newtown doesn’t happen again.

I’m going to be meeting with the vice president today. I expect to have a -- a fuller presentation later in the week to give people some specifics about what I think we need to do. My starting point is not to worry about the politics. My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works, what should we be doing to make sure that our children are safe and that we’re reducing the incidence of gun violence.

And I think we can do that in a sensible way that comports with the Second Amendment. And then members of Congress, I think, are going to have to have a debate and examine their own conscience. Because, you know, if in fact -- and I believe this is true -- everybody across party lines was as deeply moved and -- and saddened as I was by what happened in Newtown, then we’re going to have to vote based on what we think is best. We’re going to have to come up with answers that set politics aside. And that’s what I expect Congress to do.

But -- but I -- what you can count on is, is that the things that I’ve said in the past -- the belief that we have to have stronger background checks, that we can do a much better job in terms of keeping these magazine clips with high capacity out of the hands of folks who shouldn’t have them, an assault weapons ban that is meaningful, that those are things I continue to believe make sense.
Will all of them get through this Congress? I don’t know. But what’s uppermost in my mind is making sure that I’m honest with the American people and with members of Congress about what I think will work, what I think is something that will make a difference and -- to repeat what I’ve said earlier -- if there is a step we can take that will save even one child from what happened in Newtown, we should take that step.

http://www.washingto...61_story_3.html

He said nothing about executive orders.

#177 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks Del

#178 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I hope they realize that stronger background checks are useless without closing the gunshow "loophole."

40% of all gun sales go without background checks because of this "loophole".

#179 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Also:

OBAMA: Well, I think, for example, how we are gathering data, for example, on guns that fall into the hands of criminals and how we track that more effectively. There may be some steps that we can take administratively as opposed to through legislation.
As far as people lining up and purchasing more guns, I think that we’ve seen for some time now that those who oppose any common sense gun control or gun safety measures have a pretty effective way of ginning up fear on the part of gun owners that somehow the federal government’s about to take all your guns away. And, you know, there’s probably an economic element to that. It obviously is good for business, but I think that those of us who look at this problem have repeatedly said that responsible gun owners, people who have a gun for protection, for hunting, for sportsmanship, they don’t have anything to worry about.

OBAMA: The issue here is not whether or not we believe in the Second Amendment. The issue is: Are there some sensible steps that we can take to make sure that somebody like the individual in Newtown can’t walk into a school and gun down a bunch of children in a -- in a shockingly rapid fashion?

And surely we can do something about that. And -- you know, but -- but part of the challenge that, you know, we confront is, is that even the slightest hint of some sensible, responsible legislation in this area fans this notion that somehow here it comes and that everybody’s guns are going to be taken away. It’s unfortunate, but that’s the case, and if you look over the first four years of my administration, we’ve tried to tighten up and enforce some of the laws that were already on the books. But it’d be pretty hard to argue that somehow gun-owners have had their rights infringed.

#180 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Also:

I hope they realize that stronger background checks are useless without closing the gunshow "loophole."

40% of all gun sales go without background checks because of this "loophole".

That 40% is rifles and the like, which account for a pretty small % of gun violence.

Rest I'm just going to leave alone, because I have poo to do, and I grow so so fuging tired of arguing with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com