Photo
- - - - -

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#76 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

ahh. so we have come full circle just the way i like it. we are unhealthy, uneducated gun loving creteans, but we are family. :lol:

Exactly.

#77 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Zero interest in addressing the fuged up people committing crimes. 100% interest in making new laws and regs to hurt normal citizens.

I'm pretty sure everyone's for looking further into mental health issues, it's just you don't have a bunch of people running around saying "anybody that wants to take my crazy people's gonna DIE!"

#78 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

#79 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Maybe I will believe you liberals care about children when you ban abortion...

F#ck all those dead babies though, you just care about the 20 that you think will help disarm America.

#80 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,467 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone's for looking further into mental health issues, it's just you don't have a bunch of people running around saying "anybody that wants to take my crazy people's gonna DIE!"

The interesting thing about the NRA endorsing a national database for "crazy people" is this. For that idea to be even marginally effective, every gun sale would now require a background check. That means no more "gun show loophole", no more resale of firearms by owners without background checks. There would also need to be a comprehensive national database of gun owners and their weapons, so that those that became "crazy" after the fact could be identified as gun owners "at risk". This national database would also be needed to ensure gun owners didn't "forget" to report their firearms "lost" or "stolen", ultimately falling into the hands of some "crazy" person.

#81 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Glad to see my rational, well thought out and written article on how Amendments and "freedoms" actually work was dismissed by just about everyone in the mad rush to cry about how their gun hobby may or may not be impacted by our governments crazy idea that maybe having less guns available to anyone who wants them might save a life or two someday.

And face it folks, it's just a hobby. All this talk about "defending my freedoms" and the only freedoms you seem to be complaining about.....is guns.

The same people who prattle on about these hypotheticals are the same people who think Obama wants to have Al Queida take over, is going to take your money and give it to the Black Panther Police Force or back "home" to Kenya. In other words, the mentally suspect are the ones telling us that we need to do more to identify and restraining the mentally suspect.

When all this happened, I honestly was on the fence about all this, but you people going on about a Constitution that does not exist in reality, quoting DC vs. Heller while forgetting that Scalia specifically mentions the governments right and duty to restrict gun ownership as it sees fit, and trying to convince us that the reason you have to own giant weapons is to protect yourself from the greatest military on the planet and has nothing to do with it being a hobby that makes you feel more manly are the ones that have convinced me that you need to be reined in a bit.

No one has ever mentioned anything about the types of weapons you would reasonably use to defend your home.

No one has ever mentioned that people are going to "take your guns" - but like Saddam Hussein before this, you have to have a hypothetical boogeyman to make your delusional fantasies about an "enemy" and making the appropriate testosterone based response seem reasonable.

#82 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,467 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Maybe I will believe you liberals care about children when you ban abortion...

F#ck all those dead babies though, you just care about the 20 that you think will help disarm America.

A world where there is no need for an abortion would be ideal. I think we will eventually get there with the exception of medical emergencies where the mother's life is at stake. For the time being, Bill Clinton's position is most realistic: "abortions should be safe, legal and rare." With an emphasis on rare. Greater access to birth control devices/education and the Affordable Care Act will be a big help in that regard. Hopefully abortion will become as rare as a hen's tooth as our society progresses.

#83 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Remember that 85% of US population located in and around big cities. If it comes to conflict, government will never win urban warfare without killing dozen millions of civilians. You also need to remember that there are millions of highly trained pissed off army and marine troops that got screwed by the government. If we look back in history, people raising against their government is a very common thing all throughout human history. As long as people can afford food and basic things, nothing will happen.

#84 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

but cwg didn't you hear EXECUTIVE ORDER

#85 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

A world where there is no need for an abortion would be ideal. I think we will eventually get there with the exception of medical emergencies where the mother's life is at stake. For the time being, Bill Clinton's position is most realistic: "abortions should be safe, legal and rare." With an emphasis on rare. Greater access to birth control devices/education and the Affordable Care Act will be a big help in that regard. Hopefully abortion will become as rare as a hen's tooth as our society progresses.

You do realize US military killed close to 50,000 kids in the last 10 years world wide... I guess that was justified.

#86 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

I bet the British considered firearms a hobby as well, before you know...

If the guns are so evil why does Briton have a 1/5 the population but double the violent crime than the US? And why has violent crime gone down by 48% since 92 meanwhile we have more than doubled the guns in this country since 92? 150 mil in 92, 350 mil now.

Facts give the gun grabbers a nasty case of the mondays...

#87 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

King Barack will do everything in his power to limit our rights and freedoms.

I'm pretty sure they want to quell this gun buying frenzy ASAP and the only way to do it is by Decree.

#88 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

ah yes thats another thing I've discovered, if you use the term "gun grabber" you have detached yourself from reality.

There are reasons violent crime has decreased overall, more guns is not really one of them.

http://www.guardian....e-rate-plunging

Anti-gun activists note that the cities with two of the sharpest falls in murder rates, New York and Washington, have enacted strict gun control laws by US standards. Yet Houston in Texas, where some regard it as criminal not to own a gun, has also seen a sharp drop in homicides

#89 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

you'll love this theory microscopic sized fetus grabbers

Steven Levitt, co-author of the bestselling book Freakonomics, has argued that the 1973 supreme court ruling legalising abortion reduced the number of criminals by reducing the number of unwanted babies born to single mothers who would raise youths prone to crime.

#90 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

personally I am actually starting to come around to the idea that the dramatic reduction in lead content, especially in our cities, has had a positive effect on crime. There are a lot of things going for it, unfortunately, really fantastic proof is not one of them, but the correlation between lead in the environment, especially cities, and the drop in violent crime do follow similar paths.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com