Photo
- - - - -

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#71 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Del Nightingale

#72 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Zero interest in addressing the fuged up people committing crimes. 100% interest in making new laws and regs to hurt normal citizens.

#73 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

but the govt makes the law yo.

your govt repealed glass stegall. your govt refused to rein in freddie and fannie long before the meltdown. your govt passed the debt relief act the year BEFORE the meltdown.

your govt has the best ability at pushing up inflation which causes goods to go up which creates a LARGER gap between rich and poor.

your govt.

That is where you are mistaken. It isn't "my government", it is "our government". You may not like "our government", but if you feel so strongly about it and enough people share your views, you can replace those that represent you or you can run for office. On the other hand, it isn't "my Exxon" or "my Chase" unless I own their stock. Corporate leadership answers to their stockholders. What is in the best interests of "all" Americans or the USA comes in a distant second at best to someone running a corporation. The reckless behavior on Wall Street, driven by greed to boost "their" personal bottom line, ultimately resulting in "our" global financial collapse, is a fantastic example of what I'm referring to.

#74 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

There is a lot to improve with our government, a lot to just hate about it.

That being said, you show me an example of anyone else in history governing 310 million people spread across 6 separate time zones with better results.

America is fuging big.

#75 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

ahh. so we have come full circle just the way i like it. we are unhealthy, uneducated gun loving creteans, but we are family. :lol:

#76 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

ahh. so we have come full circle just the way i like it. we are unhealthy, uneducated gun loving creteans, but we are family. :lol:

Exactly.

#77 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Zero interest in addressing the fuged up people committing crimes. 100% interest in making new laws and regs to hurt normal citizens.

I'm pretty sure everyone's for looking further into mental health issues, it's just you don't have a bunch of people running around saying "anybody that wants to take my crazy people's gonna DIE!"

#78 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

#79 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Maybe I will believe you liberals care about children when you ban abortion...

F#ck all those dead babies though, you just care about the 20 that you think will help disarm America.

#80 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone's for looking further into mental health issues, it's just you don't have a bunch of people running around saying "anybody that wants to take my crazy people's gonna DIE!"

The interesting thing about the NRA endorsing a national database for "crazy people" is this. For that idea to be even marginally effective, every gun sale would now require a background check. That means no more "gun show loophole", no more resale of firearms by owners without background checks. There would also need to be a comprehensive national database of gun owners and their weapons, so that those that became "crazy" after the fact could be identified as gun owners "at risk". This national database would also be needed to ensure gun owners didn't "forget" to report their firearms "lost" or "stolen", ultimately falling into the hands of some "crazy" person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users