#1 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,694 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA
The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with theSeattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.

The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say.

Details

No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy.

The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.

#2 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,541 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Happy to hear Seattle will be getting a new team. I'm assuming they'll be called the Supersonics again. Isn't a fan on here from Seattle or Canada that roots for the Lakers? He can jump that sinking ship, and go support the Supersonics. Lol, I kid I kid

#3 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Having the Supersonics back in the league would be great for the NBA.

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,694 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Report is that they would ask for the Super Sonics name back. Also that the deal is being finalized right now. Should be announced in the next couple of days if everything goes well.

LINK

#5 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Good for Seattle but this sucks for Sacramento, they get stuck with terrible owners and now lose their team. The kings used to have awesome fans back in the early 2000s, I remember that was one of the loudest arenas when I was growing up

#6 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Report is that they would ask for the Super Sonics name back. Also that the deal is being finalized right now. Should be announced in the next couple of days if everything goes well.

LINK

They don't need to ask for the name back, in the sale to Bennett, the city kept the name, uniforms, and colors, only thing they won't keep is the history. That being said, THANK YOU Chris Hansen. Cannot wait to watch some Sonics basketball! Was sick rooting on the Thunder, even though I will always love KD

http://espn.go.com/b...at-sonic-legacy

#7 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Happy to hear Seattle will be getting a new team. I'm assuming they'll be called the Supersonics again. Isn't a fan on here from Seattle or Canada that roots for the Lakers? He can jump that sinking ship, and go support the Supersonics. Lol, I kid I kid

won't happen...didn't cheer for the Grizzlies when they were in Vancouver, don't cheer for the Raptors in Toronto! I don't change teams and I don't cheer for teams based on where they are from! Happy for Seattle if they make this happen...I think it's not written in stone just yet. It does make for a fun Saturday night on a Seahawks weekend to go watch some basketball. I hope they get an NHL team for the same reason!

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,243 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Glad they're staying in the Great North West.

#9 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

not a done deal....Maloofs want mo money

#10 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

The Maloof family will listen to offers to sell the Sacramento Kings, but might not be willing to walk away from the team entirely — creating a possible snag in the team's rumored move to Seattle. http://seattletimes....85_kings11.html

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,694 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

It's pretty much done that they are leaving Sacramento though. They are pissed at the city because think they were embarrassed and plan to enact their revenge by not selling to anyone with plans to keep the team in the area.

John Dickinson@JDJohnDickinson

"The Maloofs own the team, and they aren't interested in selling to anyone interested in keeping the team in Sacramento" --- David Aldridge

John Dickinson@JDJohnDickinson

Takeaway from Aldridge: Maloofs are spiteful, vindictive people who want $$ & team out of SAC b/c KJ has repeatedly exposed/embarrassed them

#12 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Seattle Supersonics.....the Charlotte Hornets......what the hell is going on here. The NBA is getting retrofitted.

#13 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

If the Kings move, they will be the most relocated team in sports.

Originally they were the Cincinnati Royals who had "The Big O", Oscar Robertson and the Van Arsdale Bros. play for them. Then they became the Kansas City Kings, now the Sacremento Kings and looks like the the Seattle Super Sonics. (Wasn't that shortened to just the Sonics in later years? They really weren't so "Super".)

Right now they are tied with the Braves (Boston - Milwaukee - Atlanta.) and the A's (Philly - Kansas City - Oakland) Of course the Raiders (Oakland - LA - Oakland - San Jose??)

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I remember like 10 years ago when everyone was clamoring about how awesome these Maloof dudes were.

Lol still not as bad as George Shinn

#15 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Can't wait to have the Maloofs out of the NBA. They don't know what the hell they are doing.

Glad for Seattle, those fans are great and deserve a NBA team again. Hopefully they can get a competitive team on the court quick because those Seattle/OKC matchups are going to be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users