Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1st firearm....

68 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

..a Sig Sauer 40 caliber P250. Ive wanted a handgun for some time now, just got around to purchasing one, got factory reconditioned for $375. Picked it up last Thursday, been to the shooting range twice since...

[img]http://www.sigsauerguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/250F-9-2SUM-04.jpg[/img]

The day I picked it up, I felt something the moment it became mine. It was almost the same feeling, but nowhere near the extent, as the day I became a father, like I was part of something bigger. I dont know how else to say it, but it is a good feeling. It is an even better feeling gettin comfortable shooting my pistol, which I am workin my way towards...

What do yous own? How long you been shooting? Anything I need to know?

I am already eyeballin my next, a Mossberg ZMB issue. Ive been sayin for years that the zombies are comin, and Mossberg has a few special editions for people like me. I know Im just payin for the sticker on the side, but it fits what I want for my 1st shotgun, pistol-grip & 18in barrell...

[img]http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mossberg-zombie-shotgun.jpg[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i'll combine two threads into one here in my response. the poster above me deserves to be perma-banned for comparing the feeling of gun ownership to the feeling to fatherhood.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Sweet, where did u find a reconditioned one?

Posted · Report post

Love the .40 over the 9mm

Posted · Report post

shotgun only effective at close range against zombies. Poor choice of weapon.

:D

Posted · Report post

Nice pistol, please don't buy that abomination that is that shotgun, unless you plan on breaching a sh#t load of doors. 870 or something with a stock atleast please.

Posted · Report post

Oh man guys I am soooooo sorry for comparing gun addicts to drug addicts.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What did you name it?

Posted · Report post

PGO shotguns look cool but will put you at a tactical disadvantage. If you ever try to shoot magnum loads out of one it would break your wrist.

Posted · Report post

Dp

Posted · Report post

How do you get a factory reconditioned gun?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mr beauxjangles' timestamp='1357768389' post='2086504']
i'll combine two threads into one here in my response. the poster above me deserves to be perma-banned for comparing the feeling of gun ownership to the feeling to fatherhood.
[/quote]

As far as I can recall, there are not many times when something happened & it changed me. There are even fewer recently. I had nothing else to compare it to, and like I said [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)] [/background][/font][/color]
[quote]It was almost the same feeling, but nowhere near the extent,[/quote] so I went with that. My son being born was hte same feeling, just on a much grander scale. But both events changed who I am, how I think & act. I dont know why Im defending my statement, everybody else I talk to knows what I am tryin to say, but I do appreciate the nitpicking....

[quote name='Boner Champ' timestamp='1357781793' post='2087062']
Sweet, where did u find a reconditioned one?
[/quote]

I have been working Saturdays in a pawn shop, the people I work for own 8. Half of the stores have ranges, and them stores move some firearms. It was in my store, I saw in another store that the same model was $500 & up, so I grabbed this onw for a little less loot....

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1357782071' post='2087071']
Love the .40 over the 9mm
[/quote]

Absolutely, had looked at a 9mm, but I wanted a little more stopping power....

[quote name='AR-15 Panther' timestamp='1357792095' post='2087407']
Nice pistol, please don't buy that abomination that is that shotgun, unless you plan on breaching a sh#t load of doors. 870 or something with a stock atleast please.
[/quote]

[quote name='CatofWar' timestamp='1357823262' post='2087786']
PGO shotguns look cool but will put you at a tactical disadvantage. If you ever try to shoot magnum loads out of one it would break your wrist.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. Getting that shotty is more for humerous effect, just because Ive been sayin the zombie bit for a while. They made it for me, kind of thing.. Just me being stupid.. With a firearm...

[quote name='Kevin Greene' timestamp='1357800119' post='2087655']
What did you name it?
[/quote]

Sierra....