Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman hired as Panthers GM

273 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carpanfan96' timestamp='1357771655' post='2086696']
He was never guaranteed a job under the new GM, JR told him that when he got the bump up to Interim GM. Like I said in the other thread about Hurney. He ran a thin and lean front office, because he did some much work on the personal side of things and on the other side was Beane. They did the work that teams usually hire 12-15 people to do. That's just the way Hurney wanted it structured, expect lots of news once the press conference is over on new staff hires in the front office on both personnel and operations.[/quote]

That's news I'll welcome.

Posted · Report post

Glad we got the most qualified guy.

I wonder his long it'll be before the fans turn on him.

I predict the first week of free agency.

Posted · Report post

Some good news and a reason to be optimistic is just what we needed right now. Things are going to be okay. This is what I am repeating to myself.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaCoolin' timestamp='1357771300' post='2086677']

um people usually retire around 65. you seem him doing this into his 70s?

and no arrogant little sh*t
[/quote]

Easily, if he wants too. This isn't like your typical corporate job. Plenty of FO people, and coaches, work well into their 70's in the NFL.

Posted · Report post

I remember thinking as he was being interviewed "never underestimate the power of 'old man' bonding" :lol:

Posted · Report post

I predict pantherclaw turns on him the moment he starts cutting dead fat from the previous coaching regime and starts building a modern NFL roster devoid of over paid runningbacks
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Giants beat writer (Mike Garofolo) set to be on WFNZ at 6:05.

Posted · Report post

From this point forth the Carolina Panthers will be known as THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GETTLEMEN! LOL First time I have been able so say this in a long long time, but great job Big CAT!!!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Bad hire, but then this is the Panthers.

He'll be collecting his pension in three years. Hardly the man to steer the ship in the long term. Gonna be going through this process all over again soon.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1357772089' post='2086721']
I predict pantherclaw turns on him the moment he starts cutting dead fat from the previous coaching regime and starts building a modern NFL roster devoid of over paid runningbacks
[/quote]young decisions are made by every GM.

I don't let it affect me as it does others.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bbell21' timestamp='1357772116' post='2086723']
From this point forth the Carolina Panthers will be known as THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GETTLEMEN! LOL First time I have been able so say this in a long long time, but great job Big CAT!!!
[/quote]

:lol:

Another likely consequence is that autocorrect will cause numerous people's posts to name our new GM "Dave Gentleman".

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Miaoww' timestamp='1357772163' post='2086726']
Bad hire, but then this is the Panthers.

He'll be collecting his pension in three years. Hardly the man to steer the ship in the long term. Gonna be going through this process all over again soon.
[/quote]

He is a year older than Bill Belichick, where are the calls for Belichick to start collecting his pension?