Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman hired as Panthers GM

273 posts in this topic

Posted

I predict pantherclaw turns on him the moment he starts cutting dead fat from the previous coaching regime and starts building a modern NFL roster devoid of over paid runningbacks

Pantherclaw couldn't even wait for Gettleman to fug up once before white knighting him and berating the rest of the board

Posted

young decisions are made by every GM.

I don't let it affect me as it does others.

decisions don't age

Posted

Bad hire, but then this is the Panthers.

He'll be collecting his pension in three years. Hardly the man to steer the ship in the long term. Gonna be going through this process all over again soon.

There were morons on here that wanted us to bring Bill Polian back after he got fired by Indy. He's fuging 71 years old.

Age isn't an issue. He can, and very likely will, remain in the NFL for 10+ more years.

Posted

David "G-money" Gettleman, been earnin' and burnin', snappin' necks and cashin checks....booooyaaaa bitches

Posted

but the age though....only downfall

ugh.

his age isn't a problem. he's not old.

Posted

Yeah! Very impressed by the hire. This guy has a lot of talent evaluating experience and that is what this team needs.

Posted

They did get it to the front page at last.

However, Pat Yasinskas is still "analyzing".

Posted

Have you seen his picture? He looks a healthy 61. I am pleased with this hire. Maybe he can change the organization even if he isn't here for 20 years.

Posted

Why do people act like 61 is old? Coach K is 65.

1 person likes this

Posted

but but but jR is gonna screw is us cause he's like boss hogg!. . .

wow theres some people that have to feel pretty dumb right about now. I wonder what thats like to constantly fug up and feel ashamed about it.

Posted

Was hoping for Ross, but honestly I'm not mad about this hire at all... I think the plan is to have Gettleman groom Beane into GM material while taking care of the team. Overall I think this is a good hire (now it's time for me to shed a tear for the Ross bandwagon :'( )

Posted

They did get it to the front page at last.

However, Pat Yasinskas is still "analyzing".

Pat Y has analyzed, however I'm afraid he has analyzed a guy named "Gettelman?" Not sure who he means.

http://espn.go.com/b...ing-a-tough-job

edit: Also referred to as "Gettelaman" once