• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carp24000

Gettleman hired as Panthers GM

He's being spoken in such high regards from his old job it's refreshing to have gotten such a good gm hire. If he does bring his cap guy things are looking up. Hopefully no more doom and gloom posts. Excited

I know nothing about him (obviously!) but the reaction on this thead tells me all I needed and wanted to know! I've noticed in tgeh past week or so that this forum has a few negative posters - and I should imagine they've got good reason to be that way. But the unanimous opinion on this is that the team has made a top decision by bringing him in.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the team is moulded to fit in with his plans and it will hopefully make the 30 odd weeks to teh start of next season that little bit more interesting!

Hopefully he will get that Chargers stench outta here.

Finally we pilfered a piece of a winning franchise to help choose our personel. It's about damn time.

Are we holding a press conference at any point?

i think they aren't even formally introducing him until next week.

probably a lot more important stuff to do.

Heck, even Bill Polian is saying this was a good hire.

well, polian did recruit him to the bills.

Heck, even Bill Polian is saying this was a good hire.

Polian's having a good week as his front office tree just grew with Gettleman and Telesco getting jobs.

i think they aren't even formally introducing him until next week.

probably a lot more important stuff to do.

Yeah, and they may also be waiting on a couple more front office hires that Gettleman brings in.

Yeah, and they may also be waiting on a couple more front office hires that Gettleman brings in.

i actually feel better if he's waiting to learn more about the organization before he talks publicly.

one thing i don't expect is for him to be as out in the public eye as hurney was.

that might bother some, but i've got no problem with it.

La Canfora is saying on his twitter feed that with this hiring of an older GM could mean that Beane is the GM heir apparent once the time is right.

He has his work cut out for him!

Be prepared fans for at least 2 years to recover/turn around the Cap mess the Panthers are in, in 2013!