Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carp24000

Gettleman hired as Panthers GM

273 posts in this topic

I like the hire. Now I'm ready to hear the man speak. Anyone heard if he will be having a PC tomorrow?

I'm thinking the Gmen is going to promote him to fill Gettleman's job

Most likely if he doesn't grab a GM spot. But, wouldn't it be great to nab both the guys we were considering? Would make for a possible seamless and friendly transition down the road.

It would be sick if we could hire Ross to sit in waiting until Gettleman is done then promote Ross to GM in a few years.

You should change your name to 'ObliviousPanther'.

Go a few pages back and read Mr. Scots replies, very informative.

Haha, I know about all there is to know about my Panthers. I had just been following Ross and not Gettleman, so i was unaware of what his responsibilities were.

I'm thinking the Gmen is going to promote him to fill Gettleman's job

They were actually already grooming somebody for that (Ken Sternfeld).

I could see them promoting Ross to keep him around, it'd likely be to a different role than that one.

They were actually already grooming somebody for that (Ken Sternfeld).

I could see them promoting Ross to keep him around, it'd likely be to a different role than that one.

Mr. Scot you're someone I admire on here and respect. With the hiring of a new GM, does that mean we clean house with the old or current scouting department group?

Mr. Scot you're someone I admire on here and respect. With the hiring of a new GM, does that mean we clean house with the old or current scouting department group?

Unknown, but I would expect some restructuring.

Gettleman stated that there are people he knows already working in the personnel department but didn't mention any names (probably among the scouts).

Unknown, but I would expect some restructuring.

Gettleman stated that there are people he knows already working in the personnel department but didn't mention any names (probably among the scouts).

Thanks.

Even though we've struck gold in two consecutive years with Cam and Luke, I'd like to see some house cleaning. We have been pretty bad in the draft since 08''. The 09' draft was laughable and some of the recent later round picks are pretty bad (AE, Norwood, McClain, Fua, Hogan, Lawerence Wilson).

Very happy to hear this news, I look forward to seeing what he can do to get the roster ready for '13.

Thanks.

Even though we've struck gold in two consecutive years with Cam and Luke, I'd like to see some house cleaning. We have been pretty bad in the draft since 08''. The 09' draft was laughable and some of the recent later round picks are pretty bad (AE, Norwood, McClain, Fua, Hogan, Lawerence Wilson).

eh late round guy are always hit or miss. you never really know. We've gotten some good players in later rounds. Probably just as many as we have bad players

eh late round guy are always hit or miss. you never really know. We've gotten some good players in later rounds. Probably just as many as we have bad players

Jst go look back from 2001-2008 drafts. We used to hit a lot of later rounds player. Haven't been that case for awhile.