#212 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,779 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Somebody explain to me why this is a good hire(not saying it isn't). I just know nothing about the man.

You should change your name to 'ObliviousPanther'.

Go a few pages back and read Mr. Scots replies, very informative.

#213 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,187 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think the GM candidate thread is actually still on the front page at the moment.

#214 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Happy with the hire.. as long as we got either Gettleman or Ross, I was going to have hope for the future of our franchise.

If the new GM comes in a lets a lot of vet favorites go, I'll be ok with that - whatever is best for the team, especially if it brings in new, younger guys who are hungry for their spot on the roster. That's something that the end of this season should have shown all of us. When the starters went out and on IR, the new kids did a fair job of stepping up to the plate. To me, they seemed like they wanted it more, and that's always a good spark for the guys around them. So, if they release or trade Gamble, Gross, Beason... whomever, I'm good, provided we get some guys in here who want to play those spots. I believe Gettleman can do that.

If everyone seems to pass over Ross for GM, what do you guys think the chances of us wooing him away fro the Giants with an Assistant GM spot are? I'd be all for that, as eventual replacement for when G-man decides to hang up the cleats. Thoughts?

#215 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,187 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Happy with the hire.. as long as we got either Gettleman or Ross, I was going to have hope for the future of our franchise.

If the new GM comes in a lets a lot of vet favorites go, I'll be ok with that - whatever is best for the team, especially if it brings in new, younger guys who are hungry for their spot on the roster. That's something that the end of this season should have shown all of us. When the starters went out and on IR, the new kids did a fair job of stepping up to the plate. To me, they seemed like they wanted it more, and that's always a good spark for the guys around them. So, if they release or trade Gamble, Gross, Beason... whomever, I'm good, provided we get some guys in here who want to play those spots. I believe Gettleman can do that.

If everyone seems to pass over Ross for GM, what do you guys think the chances of us wooing him away fro the Giants with an Assistant GM spot are? I'd be all for that, as eventual replacement for when G-man decides to hang up the cleats. Thoughts?

Were it up to me, I'd offer him a title like Director of Player Personnel or some such.

Word is the Jets are asking for a second interview (feel sorry for him if that's what he winds up with).

#216 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Were it up to me, I'd offer him a title like Director of Player Personnel or some such.

Word is the Jets are asking for a second interview (feel sorry for him if that's what he winds up with).

I'm thinking the Gmen is going to promote him to fill Gettleman's job

#217 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I like the hire. Now I'm ready to hear the man speak. Anyone heard if he will be having a PC tomorrow?

#218 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Most likely if he doesn't grab a GM spot. But, wouldn't it be great to nab both the guys we were considering? Would make for a possible seamless and friendly transition down the road.

#219 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

It would be sick if we could hire Ross to sit in waiting until Gettleman is done then promote Ross to GM in a few years.

#220 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

You should change your name to 'ObliviousPanther'.

Haha, I know about all there is to know about my Panthers. I had just been following Ross and not Gettleman, so i was unaware of what his responsibilities were.

#221 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,187 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

They were actually already grooming somebody for that (Ken Sternfeld).

I could see them promoting Ross to keep him around, it'd likely be to a different role than that one.

#222 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

They were actually already grooming somebody for that (Ken Sternfeld).

I could see them promoting Ross to keep him around, it'd likely be to a different role than that one.

Mr. Scot you're someone I admire on here and respect. With the hiring of a new GM, does that mean we clean house with the old or current scouting department group?

#223 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,187 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Mr. Scot you're someone I admire on here and respect. With the hiring of a new GM, does that mean we clean house with the old or current scouting department group?

Unknown, but I would expect some restructuring.

Gettleman stated that there are people he knows already working in the personnel department but didn't mention any names (probably among the scouts).

#224 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Unknown, but I would expect some restructuring.

Gettleman stated that there are people he knows already working in the personnel department but didn't mention any names (probably among the scouts).

Thanks.
Even though we've struck gold in two consecutive years with Cam and Luke, I'd like to see some house cleaning. We have been pretty bad in the draft since 08''. The 09' draft was laughable and some of the recent later round picks are pretty bad (AE, Norwood, McClain, Fua, Hogan, Lawerence Wilson).

#225 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Very happy to hear this news, I look forward to seeing what he can do to get the roster ready for '13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com