Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Gettleman hired as Panthers GM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
272 replies to this topic

#205 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Also this tweet from Pat Hanlon, Giants Senior Vice President of Communications

A lot of people do great work in relative anonymity in NFL. I"m glad people know Dave Gettleman's name today!

#206 BANE

BANE

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Wonder how long it'll be before the vitriol starts towards this man. God knows thats the only thing this fanbase is good at.

#207 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

decisions don't age

I wonder why my phone would change tough to young.
Doesn't matter.

I have never been one to over react to GM decisions.

Cause I call out the majority on it, ragingbull takes it personal, and says I'm beatings the board.

Laughable poo from both of ya.

#208 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

This from Ernie Accorsi (via Joe Person's Twitter)

"I am very happy for Dave. He is totally deserving and he's joining a good organization and a great owner."

#209 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

In addition to making a great hire, JR and Morrison should be commended for trolling the hell out of the writers that cover the Panthers. They actually succeeded in convincing them that a guy with zero experience had a shot at the GM job.

#210 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

So when are we gonna get to hear the three amigos speak?

#211 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

shafkinweet!... no nonsense.

#212 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Somebody explain to me why this is a good hire(not saying it isn't). I just know nothing about the man.

You should change your name to 'ObliviousPanther'.

Go a few pages back and read Mr. Scots replies, very informative.

#213 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Go a few pages back and read Mr. Scots replies, very informative.

I think the GM candidate thread is actually still on the front page at the moment.

#214 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Happy with the hire.. as long as we got either Gettleman or Ross, I was going to have hope for the future of our franchise.

If the new GM comes in a lets a lot of vet favorites go, I'll be ok with that - whatever is best for the team, especially if it brings in new, younger guys who are hungry for their spot on the roster. That's something that the end of this season should have shown all of us. When the starters went out and on IR, the new kids did a fair job of stepping up to the plate. To me, they seemed like they wanted it more, and that's always a good spark for the guys around them. So, if they release or trade Gamble, Gross, Beason... whomever, I'm good, provided we get some guys in here who want to play those spots. I believe Gettleman can do that.

If everyone seems to pass over Ross for GM, what do you guys think the chances of us wooing him away fro the Giants with an Assistant GM spot are? I'd be all for that, as eventual replacement for when G-man decides to hang up the cleats. Thoughts?

#215 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Happy with the hire.. as long as we got either Gettleman or Ross, I was going to have hope for the future of our franchise.

If the new GM comes in a lets a lot of vet favorites go, I'll be ok with that - whatever is best for the team, especially if it brings in new, younger guys who are hungry for their spot on the roster. That's something that the end of this season should have shown all of us. When the starters went out and on IR, the new kids did a fair job of stepping up to the plate. To me, they seemed like they wanted it more, and that's always a good spark for the guys around them. So, if they release or trade Gamble, Gross, Beason... whomever, I'm good, provided we get some guys in here who want to play those spots. I believe Gettleman can do that.

If everyone seems to pass over Ross for GM, what do you guys think the chances of us wooing him away fro the Giants with an Assistant GM spot are? I'd be all for that, as eventual replacement for when G-man decides to hang up the cleats. Thoughts?

Were it up to me, I'd offer him a title like Director of Player Personnel or some such.

Word is the Jets are asking for a second interview (feel sorry for him if that's what he winds up with).

#216 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Were it up to me, I'd offer him a title like Director of Player Personnel or some such.

Word is the Jets are asking for a second interview (feel sorry for him if that's what he winds up with).

I'm thinking the Gmen is going to promote him to fill Gettleman's job