charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

He has his work cut out for him!

Be prepared fans for at least 2 years to recover/turn around the Cap mess the Panthers are in, in 2013!

#272 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,662 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Maaaaaan, all these weeks waiting on the news of our new GM and what do you know? We make the hire randomly the day Centurylink drops the ball and says my internet went out b/c there's a short 'in the box.'

I just found out b/c my friend mentioned it in passing and I immediately became pissed that I didn't already know.

Anyway, I'm excited with all of the reviews from former peers, but I definitely am concerned about his age. I also don't prefer Beane to be the heir to the job as I would rather hire another guy like Gettleman who has a proven track record of finding and allocating talent. But, that's not a concern right now... Overall, really excited about the hire.

NOTE: If there are any typos, I am typing this on a 'smart'phone.

#273 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

He has his work cut out for him!

Be prepared fans for at least 2 years to recover/turn around the Cap mess the Panthers are in, in 2013!

I highly doubt it will take that long. First we need restructure a couple of our linebackers contracts, restructure Gross, and cut Gamble(cutting Gamble alone would almost get us under the cap). Then draft CB in the first, OL in the second, and sign a good safety in FA, we'd be set. Damn how I'd love to be in Gettleman's position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.