Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Gettleman lure Giant FA's ?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

that negative 15 million in cap space sure is burning a hole in our pockets

Dallas is at 18+ with a dumbass owner...

Some of those cowgirls players are decent..

I know this gm will get us 10+ in the cap to get dem free agents.

Posted

I've heard Gettleman is/was very good at evaluating/picking up FAs since he was in charge of Pro talent evaluation.

Posted

Osi bitches too much

So you share something in common? Sweet deal bro.

But seriously. Osi isn't coming here. Not with our Cap looking like it does.

Posted

nicks and an OLman in FA plz

Posted

I think gettlemsn is comfortable drafting that he doesn't need to bring in any giants fa's. I would like to take a minute to say I'm glad we have him here cuz I still think victor Cruz was the best sleeper pick up in years.

Posted

So you share something in common? Sweet deal bro.

But seriously. Osi isn't coming here. Not with our Cap looking like it does.

2057fqd.gif

Posted

I'll take Nicks as long as he's healthy. Been one of my favorite players since his sophomore year at Carolina. I remember going to the Meineke Car Care Bowl at BofA and he tore it up against WVU.

Posted

as long as jerry keeps his ancient wrinkly hands off of the decisions and let gettleman do his job i think we will be fine.

Posted

Do not want Osi.

What we have is better.

Posted

I think gettlemsn is comfortable drafting that he doesn't need to bring in any giants fa's. I would like to take a minute to say I'm glad we have him here cuz I still think victor Cruz was the best sleeper pick up in years.

Can Gettleman take any credit for Cruz? They obviously didn't think highly enough of him to actually draft him. While someone must have been intrigued for them to sign him, if they had any clue how good he would be I have to believe they would have actually drafted him. I've seen people try to credit Ross as well with Cruz, but it seems to be it's more good fortune than any particular front office brilliance.

Posted

one thing to consider is that one of gentleman's strengths throughout his career is in finding overlooked but very talented players.

i would expect to see some very 'wtf' type player pickups as well as a whole lot of bitching until we see that he actually knows what he's doing.

Posted

It's a breath of fresh air finally having a football guy at the helm.

A true upgrade over the Hurney Beane

No more Armanti , Jimmehz, and Kung Fua Pandas on this team. Bringing in real players from now on