• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think gettlemsn is comfortable drafting that he doesn't need to bring in any giants fa's. I would like to take a minute to say I'm glad we have him here cuz I still think victor Cruz was the best sleeper pick up in years.

Can Gettleman take any credit for Cruz? They obviously didn't think highly enough of him to actually draft him. While someone must have been intrigued for them to sign him, if they had any clue how good he would be I have to believe they would have actually drafted him. I've seen people try to credit Ross as well with Cruz, but it seems to be it's more good fortune than any particular front office brilliance.

#47 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

one thing to consider is that one of gentleman's strengths throughout his career is in finding overlooked but very talented players.

i would expect to see some very 'wtf' type player pickups as well as a whole lot of bitching until we see that he actually knows what he's doing.

#48 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

It's a breath of fresh air finally having a football guy at the helm.

A true upgrade over the Hurney Beane

No more Armanti , Jimmehz, and Kung Fua Pandas on this team. Bringing in real players from now on

#49 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Id kill to have Nicks in Carolina.... Again!!

#50 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Can Gettleman take any credit for Cruz? They obviously didn't think highly enough of him to actually draft him. While someone must have been intrigued for them to sign him, if they had any clue how good he would be I have to believe they would have actually drafted him. I've seen people try to credit Ross as well with Cruz, but it seems to be it's more good fortune than any particular front office brilliance.

well, I know one thing we didn't and haven't hit like that. If he sees something like that in another player then I will be cool with it. The chance of that type of hit is why I'm glad he is here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com