Photo
- - - - -

Is getting rid of Chud actually a good thing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

I don't like him. But you know what would really blow my mind? If he left and Cam had a derek anderson type implosion and we went back to being a bottom dweller offense.

#32 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think that relying on trickery when you have the pieces for a dominant run game and a running threat QB with a cannon arm is foolish.
The second half of the season was a mirage. His playcalling still sucked.

#33 OBXPantha

OBXPantha

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

I just remember when everyone wanted henning gone and then we got davidson. I think chud is going in the right direction.

#34 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I just remember when everyone wanted henning gone and then we got davidson. I think chud is going in the right direction.

The difference:

Fox wanted a yes man.
Rivera wants a dynamic offense.

#35 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Why is everyone pissed about the read option? Many teams are using it and it works for them. If you look at the game planning for EACH game, Chud actually game planned for each team differently. All you have to do is watch the Dallas and Chicago games

Dallas game- heavy dose of the read option and we should have won that game if the defense didn't collapse in the 4th

Chicago game- traditional running game with Cam dropping back passing and only running when pressured. We should have won that game but the defense collapsed in the 4th again.

I HIGHLY suggest anyone who is serious about breaking down and understanding the Panthers positives and negatives must get NFL Rewind. I have watched every game 2 or 3 times. This Panthers team would be in the playoffs if Rivera could close out a 4th quarter on 5 games where we were winning. It comes down to poor coaching a very poor defense in the 4th. When a team can run the same slant play 5 times until they score....we have a problem. This happened in every 4th quarter loss. The defense did not adjust and gave up the same play calls several times.

#36 Goondal

Goondal

The Goon

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Count me in the "No, unless it is for Norv" group.

#37 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Why is everyone pissed about the read option? Many teams are using it and it works for them. If you look at the game planning for EACH game, Chud actually game planned for each team differently. All you have to do is watch the Dallas and Chicago games

I so totally totally agree with this. Chud studied for games. Never gave Cam more than he could handle and always game planned to win the game. While letting Cam learn to read defenses and set protections and understand a teams' defensive tendencies so he could anticipate what they would do. However, poo does happen. Case in point: the Seattle game. Chud had them exactly where he wanted them at the end of the game and if not for a bounced pass ......

#38 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ifs and buts are not the problem when a team drops 5 4th quarter leads and 6 2nd half leads to lose. The problem is poor clock management, poor defensive play calling and an overall lack of HC experience. Hopefully, this all corrects itself in 2013. We should have at least split those 6 games and had 3 more wins, but a great HC wins ALL those games and we are sitting at 13-3...wow...imagine that!