Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't Cut DW!

157 posts in this topic

Posted

I think in hindsight should have traded him before resigning him. I feel that Tolbert/D-Will is a more complementary pairing than Tolbert/Stewart. Stewart also seems to be the more injury prone guy. He's young and could have gotten us a decent pick, but that ship sailed with his new contract.

I dont think we couldve gotten anything for him anyway. He's an injury proned guy.

Posted

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/schedule

Watch the last 4 games.

DW got benched by Rivera when Stewart was healthy. Once DW got the carries again...he killed it...just watch the games.

Okay...look at that same window minus the game against the worst D in the NFL history. 3.4 yards per carry....that ain't killin it.

He isn't the 2008 Williams. Some think bc we don't run a power run game that it is the only reason we don't see that guy....the 2008 guy would have hit holes quicker and not be brought down with relative ease

1 person likes this

Posted

One of our big contract running backs will be gone by the start of the 2013 season. As much as I like both of them, it just is horrible for the structure of the team. If we can get a 6th round pick for Williams, I'd pull the trigger today.

Posted

Last 4 games

389 rushing

160 receiving

4 TDs

I'm not really going on these stats by the way....if you actually rewatch the last 4 games you see how he made plays when it counted and help the Offense avoid 3rd and long. The fact is Tolbert got at least 4 of DWs garbage TDs after DW carried it right to the goal line.

The Oakland game he still had 50 all purpose yards in what was a very ugly and poorly executed game where the Raiders just happened to screw up more than the Panthers.

Posted

Yes, lets continue to pay large sums of money to RBs that aren't big pieces in our offense. Hurney Magic Forever!!!!

2009- IR

2010- IR

2011 - became 2nd string essentially despite title

2012- became officially 2nd string

But the again, he looked good against the worst D in league history so lets ignore the rest

Jeebus, you realize Stewart has more guaranted money in his contract than dwill does. 2009 was basically ir after 13 games due to an ankle sprain so stew could also get 1100 yards.

Get rid of stew, restructure dwill, would be my preference.

Posted

It won't do any good to cut Williams, much to the dismay of a lot of fans.

Posted

He's outperformed Stewart every year he's been in the league. If you get rid of Williams you're getting rid of the wrong RB, and will be looking to sign someone from the practice squad by the bye week when Stew goes down.

Posted

He's outperformed Stewart every year he's been in the league. If you get rid of Williams you're getting rid of the wrong RB, and will be looking to sign someone from the practice squad by the bye week when Stew goes down.

There it is.

Posted

Im really trying to fight getting NFL Rewind, but im starting to give in.

Posted

Jeebus, you realize Stewart has more guaranted money in his contract than dwill does. 2009 was basically ir after 13 games due to an ankle sprain so stew could also get 1100 yards.

Get rid of stew, restructure dwill, would be my preference.

And then what? Draft another RB when you need to cut a 31 yr old Williams after next season?

Cutting Stewart has a negative cap impact, Williams a positive one if a June cut. Williams is older than Stewart. It isn't rocket science.

A healthy Stewart > a healthy Williams going forward. We don't have a offense that relies on either being healthy workhorse...We have Cam (best rusher), Tolbert (best short yardage) on the roster. If Stewart gets banged up a couple a weeks a cheap RB brought in who fits the scheme is fine (he can handle the light work load and opportunities available)

Posted

False.

1 person likes this

Posted

Better to get rid of a guy a year too early than a year too late.

Biggest problem this franchise has had. Letting talent go when it needs to due to age or injury. I love Williams. I like him better than Stewart if it was just for one year but Stew is a great RB in his own right and he's 3 years younger. That's the difference.

We already have seen that we dont' have enough snaps to get them going in our present offense. One guy needs to get the Lion's share of the carries which isn't a ton to begin with since we're got Tolbert and Cam.

Think with your head instead of your heart.