Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#20 NC State vs. #1 Duke

149 posts in this topic

Posted

No poo you fight through screens in M2M. Everyone tries to fight through screens and everyone switches depending on the situations...it's all a part of M2M/Basketball in general. But again, and as you ignored this post, you also thought Kelly would be matched up on Wood. And you're questioning my knowledge? Lulz.

No they don't, you really need to google the difference between the two because you don't know what you are talking about. Like I said Straight up M2M you as the defender fight through the screen, if you are running a Switching M2M when the screen is set you switch off, they are two different defenses that a team can run. Yes the defense that Duke runs there would be times that Kelly would guard Wood especially if Wood was getting his shot off over our smaller guards.

Posted

Sweet Jesus...Yes, teams can do that. But if teams constantly knew Duke would do this (switch and not fight through screens)...why would State not come down the court every single time and set a screen for Lorenzo to get matched up on Mason/Howell to get matched up on Cook? Teams switch, yes. Teams also fight through screens...as my post said. It said both of those, because both happen.

If you don't see a Duke player fight through a screen during tomorrows game, let me know.

And you went from Kelly guarding Wood to now it's only certain times or when we was getting his shot off. So now Kelly is going to play the 3 while Hairston/Amile play the 4 against Leslie? Just, no.

Posted

Damn that is a lot of crying/bitching/moaning. Richard Howell fouled out of 5 games last year and had 14 games with 4 fouls so the guy was a fouling machine. I mean the difference in the game was how much better we shot the ball from 3 in the second half, 40% compared to 14% in the first half. Plus we only turned the ball over twice in the second half.

It also helped that CJL fouled out with 15 mins left in the game and Howell fouled out not long after I believe. But well see what happens Saturday...hopefully it won't be a foul fest but I doubt it.

Posted

Sweet Jesus...Yes, teams can do that. But if teams constantly knew Duke would do this (switch and not fight through screens)...why would State not come down the court every single time and set a screen for Lorenzo to get matched up on Mason/Howell to get matched up on Cook? Teams switch, yes. Teams also fight through screens...as my post said. It said both of those, because both happen.

If you don't see a Duke player fight through a screen during tomorrows game, let me know.

And you went from Kelly guarding Wood to now it's only certain times or when we was getting his shot off. So now Kelly is going to play the 3 while Hairston/Amile play the 4 against Leslie? Just, no.

Sorry but you just don't get it. Watch the game and we can discuss it afterwards.

Posted

Saturday 12.00 pm can't get here fast enough

Posted

Yes, I am the one who clearly doesn't get it, despite you thinking Kelly would guard Wood, etc.

Enjoy the game.

Posted

I hope a mustard bomb goes off in this place today

Posted

Why bc thats the only way your prized heels will beat either team? Forfeit?

Posted

PNC is about to get loud as poo

Posted

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted

I swear if Vitale calls one of our freshmen a diaper dandy I'm gonna vomit.

Posted

Come on big Rich