• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#11 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Oh yeah...and hopefully we don't get screwed by the officials but inalmost expect that to happen. There will probably be 60 FTs shot in this game despite the fact that Duke will take 65% of their shots from beyond 18 feet.

Don't blame us blame Richard Foul.

#12 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Can State make someone other than Plumlee and Curry beat them? If that happens I like our chances. K has always had good gameplans for taking Wood out of the game which worried me a little but we have so many scoring options that offense is not as big a concern as stopping Plumlee and closing out on the shooters.

I am worried, typical trap game and without Kelly I don't know who will guard Wood. I guess our best option would be Sheed or Murphy. Key matchup has to be Cook versus Brown and can State stop Plumlee.

#13 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I am worried, typical trap game and without Kelly I don't know who will guard Wood. I guess our best option would be Sheed or Murphy. Key matchup has to be Cook versus Brown and can State stop Plumlee.

Huh? Kelly would've never guarded Wood to begin with. Sheed would have and will be on Wood.

Either Sheed, Murphy, or Jefferson will have to step up, as not all 3 of Mason, Curry, and Cook will have great games IMO. If State can actually play defense in spurts, or get Mason in foul trouble, I like their chances.

#14 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Huh? Kelly would've never guarded Wood to begin with. Sheed would have and will be on Wood.

Either Sheed, Murphy, or Jefferson will have to step up, as not all 3 of Mason, Curry, and Cook will have great games IMO. If State can actually play defense in spurts, or get Mason in foul trouble, I like their chances.

Kelly guards any position 3-5 so he would have guarded Wood depending on the lineup, but I was more saying I don't know who matches up with Wood period. Sheed is the only guard we have that is tall enough that Wood can't shoot over. Kelly is probably our best defender since he can basically defend those 3 positions and leads the team in blocks and is 4th on the team in steals.

I agree that one of the three out of Sheed, Murph, and Jefferson will have to step up and they will get their chance so we will have to see if they take advantage of it. It should be a good matchup and State has to be pissed that they blew that big lead last year.

#15 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I think we lose personally. I dont see us going undefeated and I think the game is much bigger for state. Add in raleigh and the first game without Kelly. Duke is set up to lose. As long as we dont lose to unc im good!!

#16 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Don't blame us blame Richard Foul.

I think Richard has fouled out of one game this year so far. He had 1 foul last night thru about 30 mins while playing against two monster big men. Last year we blew a 20pt lead in part because the refs got ticky tack. You can't deny it...so well see what happens but the refs need to let these teams play down low and of you're going to be ticky tack they better be that way on both ends. Because everyone knows Duke plays D by reaching in.

#17 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Ryan Kelly guarding most any 3 in D1 is bad news and rarely ever happens. Wood flat out sucks outside of shooting the ball...but watching Kelly chase him through ball screens would be laughable.

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Ryan Kelly guarding most any 3 in D1 is bad news and rarely ever happens. Wood flat out sucks outside of shooting the ball...but watching Kelly chase him through ball screens would be laughable.

Actually Duke switches on most screens and Kelly can hold his own against 3's especially 3's that have Scott Wood's skill set.

#19 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think Richard has fouled out of one game this year so far. He had 1 foul last night thru about 30 mins while playing against two monster big men. Last year we blew a 20pt lead in part because the refs got ticky tack. You can't deny it...so well see what happens but the refs need to let these teams play down low and of you're going to be ticky tack they better be that way on both ends. Because everyone knows Duke plays D by reaching in.

That's funny since the second half of the game last year State was called for 14 fouls and Duke was called for 12, and keep in mind two of those State fouls were intentional in the last minute to stop the clock and hopefully get the ball back. I do agree to letting the teams play, the officials in the unc/Miami game last night let both teams play and it made for an enjoyable game to watch unlike a free throw shooting contest.

#20 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Actually Duke switches on most screens and Kelly can hold his own against 3's especially 3's that have Scott Wood's skill set.

Every team switches on screens?...it's what you do on defense and why people run screens, to create mismatches.

I grew up a Duke fan/still watch every game, I know what kind of player Kelly is. The double screens and reverses Wood runs along the baseline...6-11, slow ass Ryan Kelly cannot keep up with. The 3's from GT the other night obviously couldn't, and Kelly sure as hell won't. Sheed, Murphy, Amile, and even Curry will be on Wood more than Kelly ever will.

I mean, essentially with your original assumption of Kelly guarding Wood...you're having who exactly guard Leslie at the 4? Mason? Then Sheed guard Howell? Your original assumption was laughable...now with your "Duke switches on screens" comment...it's getting sadder.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duke, nc state, basketball, ALL THOSE JIMMIES, ALL THAT RUSTLIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users