Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something that has been overlooked that I hope Gettleman notices.

30 posts in this topic

Posted

It's just the NFL. We are not cursed, it's not because of bad this or bad that, it's not a Carolina Only thing. We just don't notice it about any other team because we don't care about other teams.

Don't be following yourself, we all know the real reason for this IR nonsense is because JR had a little fun with dr. Andrews wife... *hint hint wink wink* ;)

Posted

It just means we need to find more genetic freaks

Posted

I know from perusing the Giants staff page that he'll be coming from a team that has a medical staff of sixteen.

Don't know the exact number of people we have, but I'd guess it's less than that.

Posted

Never thought of that before but thanks you ruined the mascot for me. This gonna hunt me for the rest of my time as a Panthers fan until we win one.

I find it more amusing that we're a black cat team that could've had a qb named Luck, who instead ended up going to a team with a horseshoe logo. You can't write that kind of coincidence.

2 people like this

Posted

I heard Maurice Smith, President of the Players Union, on the radio yesterday. He claimed there were 4500 seperate injuries last year. With only 1800 players. So injuries are a part of the game.

Shlerith, or whatever his name is. Claims you can play hurt, but it is difficult to play with injuries.

Being injury free is a myth. Getting healthy at the end of the year is how you make your run. So if you are in the hunt you play. If you can that is.

Posted

Certainly interesting. Limited injuries are without a doubt a major reason for success. It would surprise me if 2008's record wasn't in a large part due to few key players getting hurt.

What you'd need to do is compare those numbers to other teams with as similar win paths to ours as possible in those years. That way you could limit the noise from the "strategic" IR's previously mentioned.

Posted

and Orthocarolina is right nearby. hmmmm

Posted

I find it more amusing that we're a black cat team that could've had a qb named Luck, who instead ended up going to a team with a horseshoe logo. You can't write that kind of coincidence.

Lol it's all fixed by Las Vegas baby

Posted

Bump

Predictions for the number of players that end up on IR by the end of the year?  I'm going with double digits.

Posted

Some of it was just strategy. Remember there were years when we were out of playoff contention fairly early and Hurney's strategy was to IR guys with sometimes minor injuries so he could get a look at some new players.

For that reason, the numbers are a bit deceiving.

Exactly. We pulled the IR trick to keep Tauren Poole last year and have done the same to Kugbila this year.

Posted

Well, we already have about 8 on IR this year so LOL

Posted

Bump

Predictions for the number of players that end up on IR by the end of the year? I'm going with double digits.

If we are above .500 at the halfway point, single digits. If we have a losing record that IR will look like a commuter train at rush hour.
1 person likes this