#1 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

This question is for the smart huddler(s) like Mr. Scot and etc. JK, it's for everyone. I was wondering that with the new hiring of now and current GM Dave Gettleman, are we going to see a new life in who we brings in by FA or the Draft? I know JR played a huge role in not wanting Hurney to bring/draft any players with off field issue near the organization other than our very own 89, but does Gettleman get a bye with it? And also, does Gettleman have any past experience dealing with players with off the field problem?

I hope that with a new GM like Gettleman that we can look to all oppurtunity to bring in the most talented guys into this organization. I would love to know that Gettleman won't be passing on a player of Da'Rick Rogers caliber just bc of his previous problem. Gettleman, don't pass up on Da'Rick!

Thank you.

#2 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Rogers won't be a Panther unless we take him in the 2nd round.

#3 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,594 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Rae Carruth casts a very big shadow.

#4 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

I think JR will allow him to get dem thugs to play for us.

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Da'Rick should be the pick if he is still there when we pick in the second

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,585 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

So where does Rogers rank on the thug meter, huddle?

#7 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Talent should never be used as an excuse to overlook character. Doesn't matter how talented a guy is, if he's gonna eff up a locker room, don't bring him in

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,585 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

I say we bring in every thug, convict, and degenerate possible. If it worked for Mean Machine, maybe it will work for us.

#9 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Rae Carruth casts a very big shadow.

I hear Jerry Richardson keeps one of his piss bottles in his office on top of the mahogany hutch on his desk in the office as a message to all the players

#10 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Talent should never be used as an excuse to overlook character. Doesn't matter how talented a guy is, if he's gonna eff up a locker room, don't bring him in

'Trouble' guys and 'bad character' guys aren't always necessarily one and the same. There are guys like Rolando McClain, who is a true goes back to his old hood every offseason or break he gets type guy, that gets into off field trouble and causes locker room problems; then there are guys like Ray Lewis who got into pretty much the worst trouble possible, but is widely considered the best locker room guy of all time.

I like high character guys, but if a guy that's talented but has maybe made a couple off field mistakes as a kid is available, I hope our new regime will have the authority to start at least taking a closer look.

#11 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

After signing Shockey, wasn't JR quoted as saying he doesn't want 53 choir boys?

#12 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

So where does Rogers rank on the thug meter, huddle?

He's not really a thug. I don't recall him getting in trouble off the field. His issue is the fact he's an absolute pain to deal with in the locker room. It's saying something when you are as talented as he is and still manage to get suspended for something that isn't related to getting in trouble with the law. Apparently was not liked at all in the locker room.

It'll really come down to interviews, so none of us will really know how teams feel about him until draft day. To be honest, I think his issues will be looked at more harshly than say someone who just gets caught with drugs. But I do think Rogers is extremely talented. Just nobody really knows what to expect from him and his personality.

I wouldn't mind him in the second if the team feels in interviews he's going to change but I will say I doubt it'll be long until problems arise between him and Smitty.

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

We missed out on a player with a troubled past by one pick last year. It would've been interesting to see if Janoris was available would he have been our pick

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

We missed out on a player with a troubled past by one pick last year. It would've been interesting to see if Janoris was available would he have been our pick

thinking the same thing.

lockerroom cancers should be avoided. that wasn't jenkins. people with a sketchy past who have gotten in trouble off the field shouldn't be ruled out outright. if they worked hard to improve their situation, like jenkins did, they should be seriously considered, esp. if the talent was there.

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Agreed.

I actually think that we would have pulled the trigger on him.

How sweet a draft of Keek and Jenkins would have been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com