10 replies to this topic

#1 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

These re-drafts entertain me, and I think this was probably the last great Draft that our team has had. The players are:

Posted Image

Buffalo Bills

Record: 7-9

Posted Image

Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

He's no star, but since he was made a starter, Johnson has 33.0 sacks over the past three seasons, and seems to have really figured it out. He was seventh in the NFL in sacks in 2010, and sixth in 2012. Not bad considering where he was taken.
Previous draft spot: No. 83
'07 pick: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal

Posted Image

New York Giants

Record: 10-6

Posted Image

Ryan Kalil, C, USC

Nothing sexy about a center at No. 20 overall, but this is what a first-round center looks like. When healthy, you can pretty much pencil Kalil onto the Pro Bowl roster, which is where he landed from 2009 to 2011.
Previous draft spot: No. 59
'07 pick: Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

Posted Image

Jacksonville Jaguars

Record: 8-8

Posted Image

Jon Beason, LB, Miami

He only falls because he has been lost to injury for the bulk of the past two seasons. It's a shame, because when Beason is healthy, he's a total stud, playing at the level of a guy like Willis and in the discussion as one of the best linebackers in the league, period. His first four years, he started all 64 possible games.
Previous draft spot: No. 25
'07 pick: Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

Posted Image

Carolina Panthers

Record: 8-8

Posted Image

Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

Among players from this class, only Johnson and Bowe have more total receptions. Olsen has averaged just over 50 through six seasons, not bad at all given the situations he has been in, a solution for new QBs in new systems in both Chicago and Carolina.
Previous draft spot: No. 31
'07 pick: Jon Beason, LB, Miami

Matt Moore was mentioned as a notable undrafted that year.

We didn't draft Olsen, but we have him now, and Kiper has him mocked to us. Great value for some great players in this draft. Can't share the link because it's insider, but I thought it was interesting.

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Niftay!!!

#3 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,518 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hurney magic..

#4 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Olsen is really starting to click with Cam. I see him as a perennial 65+ catch 800+ yard guy for us, even if a new coordinator came in. He's why I don't sweat having a bunch of middle tier receivers across from Smitty. I'd really like to get another TE across from Olsen and develop into a NE type offense. Olsen runs a ton of seam routes, more than most other TE's I watch. If we could get another legit TE across from him, I'd be very happy. 50 catch, 600 yard guy. I've mentioned Jared Cook, not sure if he'd be a possibility though. Some say he bitched about not getting touches, but it was really about not seeing snaps. He'd often only get 40% of snaps or less in Tennessee. TE's are the growing trend in the NFL. Seems like some of the most consistent offenses have a pretty solid TE in there. It's a constant mismatch that makes teams have a safety helping with the TE and it opens things up for big plays. A good, consistent offense is what we need with the direction our d is heading. We don't need to put up 30 a game. But if we can put up 25-26 regularly, we should be winning more often than not with our D

Thanks for posting that re draft cracka.

#5 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

if were looking to bring in a #2 TE to use as a shockey, which im okay with what barnidge did so i dont think its a need more of a luxury, i could see dustin keller sliding under the radar and would be a good pickup.. he's a great red zone target

#6 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

if were looking to bring in a #2 TE to use as a shockey, which im okay with what barnidge did so i dont think its a need more of a luxury, i could see dustin keller sliding under the radar and would be a good pickup.. he's a great red zone target

#7 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Kiper must get off on mocking a TE to Carolina....

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,428 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Fire Hurney!!!

Kiper has us taking Olsen right up until the Beason pick was made, no shock to see him stick with it here, especially since Greg is now on the roster.

#9 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,585 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

That year it was FS Reggie Nelson and TE Olsen to us...on most every mock..

Fox leaving gaping holes at both positions was one of his signatures.

#10 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Definitely one of the best drafts in Panther history...

#11 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Best fugging draft ever. AND we ended up getting my favorite player Greg Olsen.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE U!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.