Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else out there have trouble sleeping?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Don't have trouble falling asleep, and I can sleep pretty well for about 4-5 hours, but after that, it's up and down until the alarm clock goes off.

Man this has been going on for a long time, but finally making me crazy.

Any ideas?

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,732 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Talk to a doctor?

#3 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Alcohol can cause weird sleep patterns. Don't know if you drink but if you do you might try going without for a week or so and see if that doesn't sort you out.

#4 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

that's me pretty much every night if I don't take something.

cold medicine or an over the counter sleep aid usually does the trick for me

not the best habit to get into of course, but neither is not sleeping!

#5 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Been dealing with the same thing for awhile now. It will literally make you insane. Get a sleep study done and see what it might be. Could be anything from apnea to stress. That will give you a lot of the answers.

I think mine has a lot to do with stuff in my subconscious that makes me wake up. I don't feel stressed at all but I know there is a lot going on that I should be stressed about and pretty sure that my subconscious tries to process it when I am sleeping.

Also agree on the alcohol thing.....that will fug up your sleep patterns severly.

Not sleeping will lead to lots of other problems so defintely see your doctor. Good Luck.

#6 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,981 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Exercise will help but try not to over do it. Sometimes if I exercise too much it actually makes me feel wired when I try to go to sleep.

#7 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

get off the huddle

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,649 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

yeah, try to go without tv or any form of media/net etc at least 2hrs before you go to sleep. wind your brain down so you can get to REM stage 2 earlier and not later.

melatonin is a good natural sup for this. no more than 2 glasses of wine at night is good as well.

but to wake up the way you are sounds like it could be some stress. hit the gym a little more or run/walk to burn it off. or some creative outlet.

#9 TheAmericanDream

TheAmericanDream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

that's me pretty much every night if I don't take something.

cold medicine or an over the counter sleep aid usually does the trick for me

not the best habit to get into of course, but neither is not sleeping!

I've been there before. I use to have to take cold meds or sleeping pills. What made me stop was it went from one at night to about four pills a night. Not that I was hooked but your body gets use to it and it takes more of it to fall asleep. Quick cold turkey. I use to work two jobs and get about 3-4 hrs asleep a day. That's why I started taking meds to sleep. Now thankfully only working one job and can sleep like a normal person.

#10 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I have a friend who takes melatonin...it works for her

#11 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I had the same issue due to stress. 1-2 glasses of wine 2 hours before bed time and u'll sleep like a baby. Hard liquors actually make it worse.

#12 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

Theirs but to do and die:

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

melatonin does the job for me. when I don't get any excercise I can't go to sleep. sitting at a desk just isn't what we are supposed to do.

#13 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Taking melatonin for me is like setting a 3 hour timer. It spooky just how accurate it is but almost exactly 3 hours after I get to sleep Im wide awake if I take melatonin. About the only thing that works for me in that vein is Yogi Bedtime Tea. http://www.yogiprodu...ls/bedtime-tea/ That stuff is the best thing Ive ever used for making sure I get a good nights sleep.

Oh and Ambien keeps me awake but makes me hallucinate.

#14 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Exercise. Does wonders for your mind and body.

#15 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Taking melatonin for me is like setting a 3 hour timer. It spooky just how accurate it is but almost exactly 3 hours after I get to sleep Im wide awake if I take melatonin. About the only thing that works for me in that vein is Yogi Bedtime Tea. http://www.yogiprodu...ls/bedtime-tea/ That stuff is the best thing Ive ever used for making sure I get a good nights sleep.

Oh and Ambien keeps me awake but makes me hallucinate.

Melatonin can be the worst thing for some people. Thanks for the tip on the Yogi tea. According to the website I can get it at the Bi-Lo on my way. Going to pick some up today and give it a try.

Ambien is one crazy drug. I used it for a couple of months and loved the stuff. When I realized I started to experiment with it and take it recreationally I knew I had to stop and told my doctor never to never let me have it again. Haven't had one in well over a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.