Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else out there have trouble sleeping?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

If I want to make sure I get a good night of sleep I take a benadryl.

and as others have said- alcohol use will mess up your sleep patterns - cut back on it or completely cut it out.

#17 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Thanks guys.

Seems it's probably a mixture of three things from what you have said.

Alcohol

Stress

Exercise (lack of it lately)

#18 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I have this problem where shortly after i doze off I abruptly wake up like someone has scared the poo out of me, it makes me jump and scream. Almost feel like I'm falling and then suddenly become startled and wake up. It wakes Dan up. I'll do this several times before actually falling asleep.

#19 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Working out in the morning will help you sleep at night. Smoking a bowl helps me stay asleep all night as well.

#20 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Rub one out, that will make u sleepy.

#21 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

To me it was all trial and error. Other than what has been mentioned, I find that reading before crashing with a glass or 2 of wine does the trick. I also make sure to not read where I sleep since my body acclimates to the bed.

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,976 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks guys.

Seems it's probably a mixture of three things from what you have said.

Alcohol

Stress

Exercise (lack of it lately)

I just took my oldest to the skin Dr over near the Hospital and there's a sleep clinic called 'Sleep Care' over there off of Medical Center drive... just went by it. Call 'em up.

#23 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have the exact opposite problem - Once I'm out, I'm absolutely gone to the world. Problem is, getting to sleep in the first place.

I've tried OTC sleeping pills, they don't work, and just make me lethargic the next day. Don't drink or do drugs, so wine and pot are a no-go. Melatonin is one I'll try, but not sure how much it will help, as I've had this problem since I was a kid, and worked an outside job for 5 years and still didn't help me. Once took like four Tylenol PMs and ended up having to go in and work a ten hour shift, and Benadryl doesn't do shi to me, so those don't work either.

I've gone literally through everything I can think of to get to bed at a normal time, save going to a sleep center. It's bad enough that I've been up for 66 hours straight and still couldn't get to sleep at a normal time the final night. My biggest issue is that, unless I'm exhausted enough to "pass out", I just lay there and my brain won't shut down, so I toss and turn forhours until I get frustratedd enough to get up and do something - read, TV, the Huddle.. whatever to keep my mind occupied.

Any suggestions folks?

#24 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

If you can turn off the TV, read a novel for an hour while having some of the tea I linked and still not get to sleep; I'm sure we can find some medical researchers that would like to meet you.

#25 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

If you can turn off the TV, read a novel for an hour while having some of the tea I linked and still not get to sleep; I'm sure we can find some medical researchers that would like to meet you.

Lol, thanks. I've turned the TV off plenty of times before 8 PM, read a book for about 3 hours, shut the light off, and sat there for about 4 more hours trying to relax and drift off.

I guess I need to get to a Doc then, cause honestly, this sucks. I'm tired of existing on 2 hours of sleep on average a night, especially if I oversleep for work. Lucky for me, my boss is cool, and understands, so long as I put my time in, but it's gotten putridly old dealing with it.

#26 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Is ur mind all over the place when u trying to go to sleep? If it is then u got anxiety issues, you need xanax.

#27 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Did you guys know most sleeping drugs like ambien and lunesta have one common side effect called insomnia... Yeap, sleeping meds can actually cause anxiety and make you stay up all night.

Also, its easier to fall asleep in a cooler room. When heart rate drops, you get sleepy. When heart rate increases u'll struggle to fall asleep.

#28 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Also, the food u eat and meds u take can alter ur sleep habits and even can cause anxiety. Drinking too much caffeine can destroy ur sleep. Depression can also cause anxiety.

#29 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,282 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

raskle. before you go to the doc just try some dif things first. sometimes it can be simple tweaks you may have not even thought about.

do you exercise at all? how is your diet? do you eat spicy foods or lots of dairy?

do you ever write in a journal? to me, that can get things out of your head onto paper and it's suddenly much smaller than what was in your head.

how are your friendships? do you get much time with friends.

im no doc by no means. maybe just doing some things a bit dif might be a enough of a boost in the right direction.

#30 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I have a friend who takes melatonin...it works for her

Yep. This stuff is great:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com