Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recruiting Thread....

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is a thread for all of us to talk about this years class of incoming Freshman in college football. Who are your favorite recruits in your teams class? Nationally? Who is the guy you hope you can flip by National Signing Day? What guys does your team need to hold onto at all costs?

I'll start with USC....

Guys I'm looking forward to seeing on the field for the Trojans.
[b]Max Browne[/b]
[b]Kenny Bigelow[/b]
[b]Su'a Cravens[/b]
[b]Jalen Ramsey[/b]
[b]Chris Hawkins[/b]
[b]Steven Mitchell[/b]
[b]Khaliel Rogers[/b]
[b]Leon McQuay III[/b]

Some National guys I'm excited to see....
[b]Carl Lawson[/b]
[b]Vernon Hargreaves III[/b]
[b]Jaylon Smith[/b]
[b]Eddie Vanderdoes[/b]

Guys I hope the Trojans can flip....
[b]A'Shawn Robinson [/b](some USC boards reporting he will be a Trojan on NSD....we'll see)
[b]Eddie Vanderdoes [/b](USC commit that reopened his recruitment, gotta get him back beside Bigelow)
[b]Jaylon Smith[/b] (this would be contingent on Kelly taking the Eagles job. He was really high on the Trojans before he committed to ND, so if Kelly bolted I would love to have him in this class)

Hold onto at all costs....
[b]Jalen Ramsey [/b](day one starter at CB for the Trojans)
[b]Jason Hatcher [/b](not feeling very good on this one, but Hatcher has the tools to be an elite DE, I really hope his commitment sticks)

[b]Look forward to reading everyone elses thoughts on Recruiting 2013!![/b]

Posted · Report post

Hope Marquez North comes to North Carolina. Very excited about a lot of players in their recruiting class. Especially Mitch Trubisky

Posted · Report post

USC has a sick class.

Are there rumblings on Ramsey/Hatcher flipping? I heard Ramsey was visiting FSU this weekend.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmittyistheGOAT' timestamp='1357953553' post='2091627']
USC has a sick class.

Are there rumblings on Ramsey/Hatcher flipping? I heard Ramsey was visiting FSU this weekend.
[/quote]

Hatcher is kind of up in the air, Ramsey according to the Mods on the 247 Trojans board is 100% solid. Apparently Hawkins, LMIII and Ramsey became really good friends at the summer camps and wanted to play at the same school....

Posted · Report post

I'll let you know after Signing Day.

At the moment the Canes have a very solid class with the chance to have a very special one if even half of the guys on the official visit on the 18th January commit.

Posted · Report post

Very excited for Florida's recruiting class. Vernon Hargreaves III is going to be a beast for us.

Also excited for Ahmad Fulwood and Demarcus Robinson who FINALLY committed to UF. Robinson has potential to be very good if Muschamp's dumbass doesn't keep handicapping the offense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmittyistheGOAT' timestamp='1357953553' post='2091627']
USC has a sick class.

[b]Are there rumblings on Ramsey[/b]/Hatcher flipping? I heard Ramsey was visiting FSU this weekend.
[/quote]

Update on Ramsey, according to the USC mod on a premium board I'm a member of, he didn't enjoy his visit to FSU, and wanted to go home yesterday. Told the USC mod he was "all USC"....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1358105320' post='2094713']
Very excited for Florida's recruiting class. [b]Vernon Hargreaves III is going to be a beast for us.[/b]

Also excited for Ahmad Fulwood and Demarcus Robinson who FINALLY committed to UF. Robinson has potential to be very good if Muschamp's dumbass doesn't keep handicapping the offense.
[/quote]

Yes he is, I thought USC needed to add either Ramsey or Hargreaves to Hawkins and Cravens to help the secondary out next year. For a bit it looked like they might get both, but I'll settle for Jalen and watch VHIII beast for your team!

Posted · Report post

Carolina has a pretty solid recruiting class this year (second best in the ACC).

I really like...

Mitch Trubisky, QB (4 star recruit)- Scouts and analysts have said he is the most likely to become the next Johnny Manziel.
T.J. Logan, RB (4 star recruit)- Apparently Spurrier offered him a starting spot since Lattimore is gone but since Gio left, Logan decided to stay at Carolina.
Dajaun Drennon, DE (4 star recruit)- Will look nice opposite of Kareem Martin.
Greg Webb, DT (4 star recruit)- 10th ranked defensive tackle, decommited from PSU and chose UNC, will replace Sylvester Williams inside.
Desmond Lawrence, CB (4 star recruit)- will definitely sure up Carolina's secondary.

Carolina also got some nice transfers this year as well like Mikey Bart.

Heels look like a top 15 team next year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaPanthers8789' timestamp='1358225825' post='2097407']
Carolina has a pretty solid recruiting class this year (second best in the ACC).

I really like...

[b]Mitch Trubisky, QB (4 star recruit)- Scouts and analysts have said he is the most likely to become the next Johnny Manziel.[/b]
T.J. Logan, RB (4 star recruit)- Apparently Spurrier offered him a starting spot since Lattimore is gone but since Gio left, Logan decided to stay at Carolina.
Dajaun Drennon, DE (4 star recruit)- Will look nice opposite of Kareem Martin.
Greg Webb, DT (4 star recruit)- 10th ranked defensive tackle, decommited from PSU and chose UNC, will replace Sylvester Williams inside.
Desmond Lawrence, CB (4 star recruit)- will definitely sure up Carolina's secondary.

Carolina also got some nice transfers this year as well like Mikey Bart.

Heels look like a top 15 team next year.
[/quote]

That's such a disservice to the kid to compare him to a Heisman winner before he even steps foot on campus. Not that I don't think he's capable of having that kind of impact in Carolina's scheme, but people are going undeservedly rip the kid if he doesn't meet those expectations....

Posted · Report post

Espn was trying to find who they thought would be the next Manziel and they chose Trubisky based on his likelihood to be redshirted next year with Renner, Williams, and Coker already on the roster. I don't think it's really a disservice because most people don't know about Mitch. If he was well known i.e. comparing Harrison Barnes to MJ like everyone was doing when he announced he was coming to Carolina, I would be upset.

Posted · Report post

Recruiting in the Pac is about to get interesting with Kelly's departure. Two of their best recruits the Robinson twins from SD have already decommited, and whispers are starting to surface that superstar tailback Thomas Tyner is next....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='C47' timestamp='1358359909' post='2099857']
Recruiting in the Pac is about to get interesting with Kelly's departure. Two of their best recruits the Robinson twins from SD have already decommited, and whispers are starting to surface that superstar tailback Thomas Tyner is next....
[/quote]

I haven't really been able to keep up with other school's recruiting classes lately, but I've been told a lot of USC's recruits are reconsidering. Is there any weight to this rumor?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1358447218' post='2101600']
I haven't really been able to keep up with other school's recruiting classes lately, but I've been told a lot of USC's recruits are reconsidering. Is there any weight to this rumor?
[/quote]

The insiders I've heard/read from say there's no truth to any of these rumors. One even went so far to say if Ramsey leaves he'll be shocked because he was a huge reason LMIII committed, and is already taking classes at USC. With that in mind, I don't forsee Hatcher being at USC in the fall...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='C47' timestamp='1358449460' post='2101678']
The insiders I've heard/read from say there's no truth to any of these rumors. One even went so far to say if Ramsey leaves he'll be shocked because he was a huge reason LMIII committed, and is already taking classes at USC. With that in mind, I don't forsee Hatcher being at USC in the fall...
[/quote]

I gotcha. All I really read was that 5 players already reopened their commitment status and players were not fond of the way Kiffin treated some recruit who got his scholarship deferred.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DirtyMagic97' timestamp='1358451768' post='2101761']

I gotcha. All I really read was that 5 players already reopened their commitment status and players were not fond of the way Kiffin treated some recruit who got his scholarship deferred.
[/quote]

The only ones I've heard that are looking around are Falah, and Hatcher. Issac has been rumored by the ND sites to be switching to them, but has told people he's firm on his commitment. Falah is technically committed but said that on NSD he will choose between USC and Washington. Most expect him to stay with USC since he talks to Khaliel Rogers just about everyday. Hatcher is a guy I never really was certain would stick. I expect him to end up at Louisville fwiw. Ramsey I guess could be playing the USC insiders, but he doesn't seem like a kid that would do that. This also could mean that the staff has cooled on a couple of guys (much like with Larue this year, and Mickens last year). They're still seriously recruiting juco OT Desmond Harrison, LB's Matthew Thomas (visiting this weekend with his mother) and Quinton Powell, and USC insiders have said they're hearing Texas commit DT A'Shawn Robinson will be part of the class. So it could be as simple as not enough rides to go around if some of the committed guys end up elsewhere. If I had to predict....they lose Hatcher, get Vanderdoes back, A'Shawn stays home, and they also pick up one of Thomas or Powell (my preference is Thomas), as well as Kylie Fitts recommitting and becoming part of the Fall class....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1357901555' post='2090104']
Hope Marquez North comes to North Carolina. Very excited about a lot of players in their recruiting class. Especially Mitch Trubisky
[/quote]

North is a guy I'm really hoping Butch Jones can land on NSD.
Seems to be between the Tarheels and Vols.

Posted · Report post

North eliminates UNC...he's a Vol!

Posted · Report post

Congrats on the pickup. CLK and crew are in home with Ramsey right now so hopefully that will get wrapped up. Quinton Powell seems like a silent to USC so that leaves two (or three I'm not even sure) spots left to be filled. The insiders on a board I post on are saying Matthew Thomas is 70% USC right now and 30% Miami so that would be a huge get. CLK, Coach O, Coach Pendergast and Tee Martin had an in home today with him, and he would be a huge get. I keep hearing Fitts will come back, but they may lose Prevot. Hatcher decommitted, then recommitted a few days ago so I don't see that changing in the next week. The last spot I'm going to say goes to Eddie Vanderdoes. I know the national media has been spinning Eddie to ND or Alabama and saying USC is completely out of the picture, but everything I've heard points to him staying in Cali be it at USC, or fucla. If they do have an extra spot, it seems A'Shawn Robinson's mom would be open to him going to L.A. to play from what I'm hearing which would be another huge get. Honestly, as long as they can keep Ramsey locked up I'll be happy with the way the class shakes out. Even if Ramsey did flip, which I just don't see with how close he is to the other DB's in USC's class, it would still be an absolutely stellar class. But Ramsey is the cherry on the top. Vanderdoes and Thomas would be the whipped cream and sprinkles....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='RockyTopVol' timestamp='1359596973' post='2119641']
North eliminates UNC...he's a Vol!
[/quote]
FML

Maybe we get Alston now but I really wanted North.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SmootsDaddy89' timestamp='1359604325' post='2119773']
FML

Maybe we get Alston now but I really wanted North.
[/quote]

North basically eliminated UNC because he didn't want to compete with all the WR's there, he was guaranteed playing time with Tenn and not with UNC. That's the biggest reason he selected Tenn over UNC.

Wanted to add for those that don't know UNC is down to 19 scholarships for this recruiting class, so really only one spot left for UNC to fill.

Posted · Report post

LSU commit Tevin Lawson was asked to grey shirt with LSU and didn't like it, he's talking around and was contacted by UNC.

Posted · Report post

Just saw that on scout.com

I'll take it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carpanfan96' timestamp='1359605529' post='2119795']
North basically eliminated UNC because he didn't want to compete with all the WR's there, he was guaranteed playing time with Tenn and not with UNC. That's the biggest reason he selected Tenn over UNC.

Wanted to add for those that don't know UNC is down to 19 scholarships for this recruiting class, so really only one spot left for UNC to fill.
[/quote]

I'm sure that was a selling point for Butch Jones. Glad to get something good out of losing Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson.
This will be a fun week. It always is. It's a chance to gain a little hope for next season even if this past one was terrible.
We have a few battles going on with Auburn for players, and a battle with Alabama for 5* Safety Vonn Bell. Is it Wednesday yet?

Posted · Report post

Wild weekend in recruiting this week! Reuben Foster may (or may not!) have been called a racial slur at Auburn, and ends up leaving his official there to go to Tuscaloosa. And speaking of Auburn, they did manage to lock Carl Lawson back in, when everything pointed to him heading to Tennessee. A'Shawn Robinson decommits from Texas and now the word is he will sign with Alabama. Oh and speaking of wild, OL Denver Kirkland's scholarship offer is pulled by Miami for waiting to long to commit, and now they may have doomed their chances with 5* LB Matthew Thomas. Oh and speaking of 5* players, DT Eddie Vanderdoes is heading to Alabama according to Bama websites which is funny because the reason he decommitted from USC was because they started recruiting A'Shawn Robinson at the same position. Less than 48 hours until signatures start rolling in should be fun.