53 replies to this topic

#1 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

This is a thread for all of us to talk about this years class of incoming Freshman in college football. Who are your favorite recruits in your teams class? Nationally? Who is the guy you hope you can flip by National Signing Day? What guys does your team need to hold onto at all costs?

I'll start with USC....

Guys I'm looking forward to seeing on the field for the Trojans.
Max Browne
Kenny Bigelow
Su'a Cravens
Jalen Ramsey
Chris Hawkins
Steven Mitchell
Khaliel Rogers
Leon McQuay III

Some National guys I'm excited to see....
Carl Lawson
Vernon Hargreaves III
Jaylon Smith
Eddie Vanderdoes

Guys I hope the Trojans can flip....
A'Shawn Robinson (some USC boards reporting he will be a Trojan on NSD....we'll see)
Eddie Vanderdoes (USC commit that reopened his recruitment, gotta get him back beside Bigelow)
Jaylon Smith (this would be contingent on Kelly taking the Eagles job. He was really high on the Trojans before he committed to ND, so if Kelly bolted I would love to have him in this class)

Hold onto at all costs....
Jalen Ramsey (day one starter at CB for the Trojans)
Jason Hatcher (not feeling very good on this one, but Hatcher has the tools to be an elite DE, I really hope his commitment sticks)

Look forward to reading everyone elses thoughts on Recruiting 2013!!

#2 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,924 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hope Marquez North comes to North Carolina. Very excited about a lot of players in their recruiting class. Especially Mitch Trubisky

#3 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

USC has a sick class.

Are there rumblings on Ramsey/Hatcher flipping? I heard Ramsey was visiting FSU this weekend.

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

USC has a sick class.

Are there rumblings on Ramsey/Hatcher flipping? I heard Ramsey was visiting FSU this weekend.

Hatcher is kind of up in the air, Ramsey according to the Mods on the 247 Trojans board is 100% solid. Apparently Hawkins, LMIII and Ramsey became really good friends at the summer camps and wanted to play at the same school....

#5 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'll let you know after Signing Day.

At the moment the Canes have a very solid class with the chance to have a very special one if even half of the guys on the official visit on the 18th January commit.

#6 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Very excited for Florida's recruiting class. Vernon Hargreaves III is going to be a beast for us.

Also excited for Ahmad Fulwood and Demarcus Robinson who FINALLY committed to UF. Robinson has potential to be very good if Muschamp's dumbass doesn't keep handicapping the offense.

#7 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

USC has a sick class.

Update on Ramsey, according to the USC mod on a premium board I'm a member of, he didn't enjoy his visit to FSU, and wanted to go home yesterday. Told the USC mod he was "all USC"....

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Very excited for Florida's recruiting class. Vernon Hargreaves III is going to be a beast for us.

Also excited for Ahmad Fulwood and Demarcus Robinson who FINALLY committed to UF. Robinson has potential to be very good if Muschamp's dumbass doesn't keep handicapping the offense.

Yes he is, I thought USC needed to add either Ramsey or Hargreaves to Hawkins and Cravens to help the secondary out next year. For a bit it looked like they might get both, but I'll settle for Jalen and watch VHIII beast for your team!

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Carolina has a pretty solid recruiting class this year (second best in the ACC).

I really like...

Mitch Trubisky, QB (4 star recruit)- Scouts and analysts have said he is the most likely to become the next Johnny Manziel.
T.J. Logan, RB (4 star recruit)- Apparently Spurrier offered him a starting spot since Lattimore is gone but since Gio left, Logan decided to stay at Carolina.
Dajaun Drennon, DE (4 star recruit)- Will look nice opposite of Kareem Martin.
Greg Webb, DT (4 star recruit)- 10th ranked defensive tackle, decommited from PSU and chose UNC, will replace Sylvester Williams inside.
Desmond Lawrence, CB (4 star recruit)- will definitely sure up Carolina's secondary.

Carolina also got some nice transfers this year as well like Mikey Bart.

Heels look like a top 15 team next year.

#10 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Carolina has a pretty solid recruiting class this year (second best in the ACC).

I really like...

Mitch Trubisky, QB (4 star recruit)- Scouts and analysts have said he is the most likely to become the next Johnny Manziel.
T.J. Logan, RB (4 star recruit)- Apparently Spurrier offered him a starting spot since Lattimore is gone but since Gio left, Logan decided to stay at Carolina.
Dajaun Drennon, DE (4 star recruit)- Will look nice opposite of Kareem Martin.
Greg Webb, DT (4 star recruit)- 10th ranked defensive tackle, decommited from PSU and chose UNC, will replace Sylvester Williams inside.
Desmond Lawrence, CB (4 star recruit)- will definitely sure up Carolina's secondary.

Carolina also got some nice transfers this year as well like Mikey Bart.

Heels look like a top 15 team next year.

That's such a disservice to the kid to compare him to a Heisman winner before he even steps foot on campus. Not that I don't think he's capable of having that kind of impact in Carolina's scheme, but people are going undeservedly rip the kid if he doesn't meet those expectations....

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Espn was trying to find who they thought would be the next Manziel and they chose Trubisky based on his likelihood to be redshirted next year with Renner, Williams, and Coker already on the roster. I don't think it's really a disservice because most people don't know about Mitch. If he was well known i.e. comparing Harrison Barnes to MJ like everyone was doing when he announced he was coming to Carolina, I would be upset.

#12 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Recruiting in the Pac is about to get interesting with Kelly's departure. Two of their best recruits the Robinson twins from SD have already decommited, and whispers are starting to surface that superstar tailback Thomas Tyner is next....

#13 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Recruiting in the Pac is about to get interesting with Kelly's departure. Two of their best recruits the Robinson twins from SD have already decommited, and whispers are starting to surface that superstar tailback Thomas Tyner is next....

I haven't really been able to keep up with other school's recruiting classes lately, but I've been told a lot of USC's recruits are reconsidering. Is there any weight to this rumor?

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I haven't really been able to keep up with other school's recruiting classes lately, but I've been told a lot of USC's recruits are reconsidering. Is there any weight to this rumor?

The insiders I've heard/read from say there's no truth to any of these rumors. One even went so far to say if Ramsey leaves he'll be shocked because he was a huge reason LMIII committed, and is already taking classes at USC. With that in mind, I don't forsee Hatcher being at USC in the fall...

#15 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

The insiders I've heard/read from say there's no truth to any of these rumors. One even went so far to say if Ramsey leaves he'll be shocked because he was a huge reason LMIII committed, and is already taking classes at USC. With that in mind, I don't forsee Hatcher being at USC in the fall...

I gotcha. All I really read was that 5 players already reopened their commitment status and players were not fond of the way Kiffin treated some recruit who got his scholarship deferred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.