53 replies to this topic

#16 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I gotcha. All I really read was that 5 players already reopened their commitment status and players were not fond of the way Kiffin treated some recruit who got his scholarship deferred.

The only ones I've heard that are looking around are Falah, and Hatcher. Issac has been rumored by the ND sites to be switching to them, but has told people he's firm on his commitment. Falah is technically committed but said that on NSD he will choose between USC and Washington. Most expect him to stay with USC since he talks to Khaliel Rogers just about everyday. Hatcher is a guy I never really was certain would stick. I expect him to end up at Louisville fwiw. Ramsey I guess could be playing the USC insiders, but he doesn't seem like a kid that would do that. This also could mean that the staff has cooled on a couple of guys (much like with Larue this year, and Mickens last year). They're still seriously recruiting juco OT Desmond Harrison, LB's Matthew Thomas (visiting this weekend with his mother) and Quinton Powell, and USC insiders have said they're hearing Texas commit DT A'Shawn Robinson will be part of the class. So it could be as simple as not enough rides to go around if some of the committed guys end up elsewhere. If I had to predict....they lose Hatcher, get Vanderdoes back, A'Shawn stays home, and they also pick up one of Thomas or Powell (my preference is Thomas), as well as Kylie Fitts recommitting and becoming part of the Fall class....

#17 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hope Marquez North comes to North Carolina. Very excited about a lot of players in their recruiting class. Especially Mitch Trubisky

North is a guy I'm really hoping Butch Jones can land on NSD.
Seems to be between the Tarheels and Vols.

#18 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

North eliminates UNC...he's a Vol!

#19 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Congrats on the pickup. CLK and crew are in home with Ramsey right now so hopefully that will get wrapped up. Quinton Powell seems like a silent to USC so that leaves two (or three I'm not even sure) spots left to be filled. The insiders on a board I post on are saying Matthew Thomas is 70% USC right now and 30% Miami so that would be a huge get. CLK, Coach O, Coach Pendergast and Tee Martin had an in home today with him, and he would be a huge get. I keep hearing Fitts will come back, but they may lose Prevot. Hatcher decommitted, then recommitted a few days ago so I don't see that changing in the next week. The last spot I'm going to say goes to Eddie Vanderdoes. I know the national media has been spinning Eddie to ND or Alabama and saying USC is completely out of the picture, but everything I've heard points to him staying in Cali be it at USC, or fucla. If they do have an extra spot, it seems A'Shawn Robinson's mom would be open to him going to L.A. to play from what I'm hearing which would be another huge get. Honestly, as long as they can keep Ramsey locked up I'll be happy with the way the class shakes out. Even if Ramsey did flip, which I just don't see with how close he is to the other DB's in USC's class, it would still be an absolutely stellar class. But Ramsey is the cherry on the top. Vanderdoes and Thomas would be the whipped cream and sprinkles....

#20 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

North eliminates UNC...he's a Vol!

FML

Maybe we get Alston now but I really wanted North.

#21 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

FML

Maybe we get Alston now but I really wanted North.

North basically eliminated UNC because he didn't want to compete with all the WR's there, he was guaranteed playing time with Tenn and not with UNC. That's the biggest reason he selected Tenn over UNC.

Wanted to add for those that don't know UNC is down to 19 scholarships for this recruiting class, so really only one spot left for UNC to fill.

#22 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

LSU commit Tevin Lawson was asked to grey shirt with LSU and didn't like it, he's talking around and was contacted by UNC.

#23 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Just saw that on scout.com

I'll take it.

#24 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

North basically eliminated UNC because he didn't want to compete with all the WR's there, he was guaranteed playing time with Tenn and not with UNC. That's the biggest reason he selected Tenn over UNC.

Wanted to add for those that don't know UNC is down to 19 scholarships for this recruiting class, so really only one spot left for UNC to fill.

I'm sure that was a selling point for Butch Jones. Glad to get something good out of losing Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson.
This will be a fun week. It always is. It's a chance to gain a little hope for next season even if this past one was terrible.
We have a few battles going on with Auburn for players, and a battle with Alabama for 5* Safety Vonn Bell. Is it Wednesday yet?

#25 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

Wild weekend in recruiting this week! Reuben Foster may (or may not!) have been called a racial slur at Auburn, and ends up leaving his official there to go to Tuscaloosa. And speaking of Auburn, they did manage to lock Carl Lawson back in, when everything pointed to him heading to Tennessee. A'Shawn Robinson decommits from Texas and now the word is he will sign with Alabama. Oh and speaking of wild, OL Denver Kirkland's scholarship offer is pulled by Miami for waiting to long to commit, and now they may have doomed their chances with 5* LB Matthew Thomas. Oh and speaking of 5* players, DT Eddie Vanderdoes is heading to Alabama according to Bama websites which is funny because the reason he decommitted from USC was because they started recruiting A'Shawn Robinson at the same position. Less than 48 hours until signatures start rolling in should be fun.

#26 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Not recruiting yet, but former 4 star qb marquise williams is no longer enrolled at UNC.

#27 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Jalen Ramsey to FSU. Didn't see that one coming.

#28 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Jalen Ramsey to FSU. Didn't see that one coming.

Nope me either, congrats to the Noles on the huge pickup. Really didn't see the Ramsey's playing a family friend in Tee Martin like that....

#29 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I agree. Having a shot at Ramsey was one of the main reasons I was hoping for Tee to come back to Knoxville.

#30 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

I agree. Having a shot at Ramsey was one of the main reasons I was hoping for Tee to come back to Knoxville.

Yep, I like most people figured when Tee decided to stay Ramsey was a non issue, the "lock" on NSD if you will. Even as late as early last night the USC insiders were certain Ramsey was coming to L.A. Even LMIII (who committed and early enrolled to play with Ramsey) said he was sure Ramsey was coming and that he talks to him on a regular basis. Absolutely shocked at how this one unfolded honestly....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com