Photo
- - - - -

If Chud gets HC job, should that make Rivera dispensable?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

The biggest argument for keeping Rivera was "We dont want to harm Cam by learning a new playbook and risk stunting his growth." Well if we have to get a new OC, guess what? Cam will have to learn a new playbook and would risk stunting his growth. So my question is simple, if Chud goes and Cam and the offense has to learn a new system anywaym why would we keep Rivera again? I know JR is honorable and probably wouldnt fire Rivera this season now anyway, but what a slap in the face if Chud goes and the main reason of keeping Rivera would be moot.

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

BPA

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Chud isn't going anywhere. No one is dumb enough to hire him as HC, not even the Browns.

#3 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Chud isn't going anywhere. No one is dumb enough to hire him as HC, not even the Browns.

I have faith that the Browns can find the absolute stupidest way to do something, regardless of how implausible it seems.

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

The biggest argument for keeping Rivera was "We dont want to harm Cam by learning a new playbook and risk stunting his growth." Well if we have to get a new OC, guess what? Cam will have to learn a new playbook and would risk stunting his growth. So my question is simple, if Chud goes and Cam and the offense has to learn a new system anywaym why would we keep Rivera again? I know JR is honorable and probably wouldnt fire Rivera this season now anyway, but what a slap in the face if Chud goes and the main reason of keeping Rivera would be moot.

I've seen Oliver Stone films with less conjecture.

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Norv Turner solves this problem.

#6 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

If Chud leaves and we can't get Norv, what's really the point of having Rivera then?

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

If Chud leaves and we can't get Norv, what's really the point of having Rivera then?

One has nothing to do with the other. Rivera has always been a defensive guy not an offensive guy. Besides, do you think that Norv and Chud are the only guys who understand how to run a Coryell style offense.

Seriously?????

#9 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Rivera is a defensive mind...the type who can help turn an overall average lot into a top 10 D.

Also, Rivera has the lockerroom...which is important. He also is a good X's and O's guy.

Plus, he seems to be good w/ Cam and forward thinking.

....Rivera just needs a good OC and to slightly more aggressive in spots.

#10 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

One has nothing to do with the other. Rivera has always been a defensive guy not an offensive guy. Besides, do you think that Norv and Chud are the only guys who understand how to run a Coryell style offense.

Seriously?????

No, but Rivera choices in coaches has been iffy at best. I predict Shula if the scenario were to happen

#11 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

I would like to see the Texans offense here( of course with Cam instead of Matt "Noodle Arm" Schaub). Of course I think keeping Cam in the same system is the first choice but if we were to change I think the Zone Run Blocking would better suit our RBs(Like it used to) and with Cam's arm teams couldn't stack the box against the run like they do against Schaub....CAMpionship!

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I always thought that this team was Chud's not Rivera's. If Chud leaves, Rivera is set to doomed.