Photo
- - - - -

If Chud gets HC job, should that make Rivera dispensable?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

The biggest argument for keeping Rivera was "We dont want to harm Cam by learning a new playbook and risk stunting his growth." Well if we have to get a new OC, guess what? Cam will have to learn a new playbook and would risk stunting his growth. So my question is simple, if Chud goes and Cam and the offense has to learn a new system anywaym why would we keep Rivera again? I know JR is honorable and probably wouldnt fire Rivera this season now anyway, but what a slap in the face if Chud goes and the main reason of keeping Rivera would be moot.

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Chud isn't going anywhere. No one is dumb enough to hire him as HC, not even the Browns.

#3 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Chud isn't going anywhere. No one is dumb enough to hire him as HC, not even the Browns.

I have faith that the Browns can find the absolute stupidest way to do something, regardless of how implausible it seems.

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

The biggest argument for keeping Rivera was "We dont want to harm Cam by learning a new playbook and risk stunting his growth." Well if we have to get a new OC, guess what? Cam will have to learn a new playbook and would risk stunting his growth. So my question is simple, if Chud goes and Cam and the offense has to learn a new system anywaym why would we keep Rivera again? I know JR is honorable and probably wouldnt fire Rivera this season now anyway, but what a slap in the face if Chud goes and the main reason of keeping Rivera would be moot.

I've seen Oliver Stone films with less conjecture.

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Norv Turner solves this problem.

#6 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

If Chud leaves and we can't get Norv, what's really the point of having Rivera then?

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

If Chud leaves and we can't get Norv, what's really the point of having Rivera then?

One has nothing to do with the other. Rivera has always been a defensive guy not an offensive guy. Besides, do you think that Norv and Chud are the only guys who understand how to run a Coryell style offense.

Seriously?????

#9 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Rivera is a defensive mind...the type who can help turn an overall average lot into a top 10 D.

Also, Rivera has the lockerroom...which is important. He also is a good X's and O's guy.

Plus, he seems to be good w/ Cam and forward thinking.

....Rivera just needs a good OC and to slightly more aggressive in spots.

#10 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

One has nothing to do with the other. Rivera has always been a defensive guy not an offensive guy. Besides, do you think that Norv and Chud are the only guys who understand how to run a Coryell style offense.

Seriously?????

No, but Rivera choices in coaches has been iffy at best. I predict Shula if the scenario were to happen

#11 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

I would like to see the Texans offense here( of course with Cam instead of Matt "Noodle Arm" Schaub). Of course I think keeping Cam in the same system is the first choice but if we were to change I think the Zone Run Blocking would better suit our RBs(Like it used to) and with Cam's arm teams couldn't stack the box against the run like they do against Schaub....CAMpionship!

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I always thought that this team was Chud's not Rivera's. If Chud leaves, Rivera is set to doomed.

#13 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

No, but Rivera choices in coaches has been iffy at best. I predict Shula if the scenario were to happen

Chud and Rivera have been good choices. Picking coaches is really a timing thing. He kept Meeks for example because the guy he wanted, Wilkes wasn't available. When he was, he picked him up.

#14 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Chud and Rivera have been good choices. Picking coaches is really a timing thing. He kept Meeks for example because the guy he wanted, Wilkes wasn't available. When he was, he picked him up.

and id say our secondary was better this season than last...

#15 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Just when I thought PT was done making rahtarted threads....BAM!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.