Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chudzinksi hired as Cleveland Head Coach

219 posts in this topic

Posted

LOL all these people saying Shula for OC sound just like the Beane will be our GM crowd.

We know how that worked out..

Posted

I remember our defense not stopping a lot of people late in games(Atlanta, Chicago, Tampa, Cowboys).

seriously I can beat this argument with one hand and half my brain behind my back because the offense while bad in some games, is not the reason we didn't make the playoffs this year, and this is my point, Chud got the offense working together good enough to get the Job done, with that being the case and watching the Panthers for years before hand under Fox, why would you want Chud gone?

The defense was streaky, but still showed signs of greatness in games. After they gelled, they played great and were consistent. However on offense, you could always tell it was Chud holding the team back with that stupid read option crap. And when we needed good play calling in critical moments of the game, he would fail most of the time even after giving up read option as a base. That had been a weakness of his from day 1. Beating crappy teams doesn't make him a good OC.

Posted

screw it.. dont even hire an OC. save the money. give cam 10 different packages to choose from and let him call the shots.

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember our defense not stopping a lot of people late in games(Atlanta, Chicago, Tampa, Cowboys).

seriously I can beat this argument with one hand and half my brain behind my back because the offense while bad in some games, is not the reason we didn't make the playoffs this year, and this is my point, Chud got the offense working together good enough to get the Job done, with that being the case and watching the Panthers for years before hand under Fox, why would you want Chud gone?

Chud got the stats to look good, but he went into the "prevent" offense too much when we had leads in the second half of games. Not to mention he virtually dismantled our running attack when we have so much money tied up in that position. The read option works in spots, but not when you become too predictable and force the running backs to play with one hand behind their back by only running that dumb read draw play. In addition to this, his offensive play calls were causing Cam to take too many hits/ sacks/ pressures because they were so long developing. On his behalf his offensive scheme can be exciting and you can really make yourself look good if you're playing an undisciplined defense, but the good teams shut us down....save for Atlanta.

Posted

Holy poo

Posted

This is why we need Norv Turner, BAD

only way we can save next season IMO

Chud caught a lot of Crap on here but IMO he was the best thing that we had going for us

It would make more sense to just promote Shula or Scott Turner. Shula will keep the same system in place for Cam at least. Turner will probably be gone with Chud and his daddy

Posted

Yeah, a guy with a career resume of being wildly inconstant will go to the Superbowl with Brandon "Robin" Weeden. Robin is the least impressive superhero there is

what will be interesting is seeing how his skills as a leader transcend his offensive schemes (if they do at all.) if he is legit HC material and lets norv build the schemes, we may see a new side of him previously invisible simply because of the differences in positions

Posted

It seems Chud is abandoning Rivera's titanic.....good for him.

1 person likes this

Posted

The defense was streaky, but still showed signs of greatness in games. After they gelled, they played great and were consistent. However on offense, you could always tell it was Chud holding the team back with that stupid read option crap. And when we needed good play calling in critical moments of the game, he would fail most of the time even after giving up read option as a base. That had been a weakness of his from day 1. Beating crappy teams doesn't make him a good OC.

I don't think the option held them back....just Chud being Chud did.

1st and goal? hey guys, lets call 3 pass plays. Chud was horrible to start 2011 and 2012. Everyone forgot Chud sucked to start 2011. hey guys, we need a yard and have Cam Newton....lets pass. read option worked great using 12 personnel so let's not do that and use 3 WR sets

Posted

LOL all these people saying Shula for OC sound just like the Beane will be our GM crowd.

We know how that worked out..

I disagree. Beane wasn't qualified for the GM job. Zero experience in that role. He was never a logical choice for anything other than keeping the seat warm.

Shula is a hot candidate for another shot with an offense. He has the resume for it to make sense.

Posted

I don't think I like this.

Posted

I just want someone who actually uses heavy run sets and does not line up with 8 pedestrian WR's all running verts.