Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chudzinksi hired as Cleveland Head Coach

219 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree. I have always thought the Panthers offense was better when Cam was under center. I dont mind the shotgun, but when our base running game was from that it sucked. Let Cam develop into an overall QB that can throw, and run, ala Rodgers, Rothlesburger, etc. (I know its spelt wrong).

Rapistburger would have suffice.

Posted

That makes no sense, didn't they just fire him a few years back......ehhhhhh whatever, bring on Norv.

Posted

I think the new Gettleman hire is making some of you crazy. NFL head coach is the ultimate goal of any football coach or coordinator out there. Chud is from Ohio, has close ties and history with the Browns organization, and was offered to be an NFL HC. That's why he is gone. I don't think G man had anything to do with it. I also think G will let Rivera bring in who he chooses as the new coordinator, because if he likes him he gets a free year of familiarity, and if not, he drops him when Rivera goes. I hope Rivera brings in someone with a similar offensive philosophy (minus the base read option), and uses tight ends like Chud did in 2011 and end of 2012. Maintain some continuity for Cam.

But in all reality, RR is on borrowed time so we all better get used to Cam needing to learn an entirely new system sooner rather than later.

Posted

If we hadn't hired Gettleman within the past couple of days, I would be worried right now. But he's here, and I'm not. Let the man do his job before you all scream that the Hindenberg is going down.

If we do manage to snag Norv, which I highly doubt, and Rivera is fired next year, it would make sense that one of the two, the OC or DC takes over for the rest of the year. If it's an end-of-year firing, guess who will be the next HC??

Yeah, whomever Gettleman friggin decides to hire. It's not an auto-promote for anyone, regardless. Have some faith, we're moving in the right direction. Wish Chud the best elsewhere, but he's gone, and that's that. Let's see how our FO reacts before we all jump ship.

Posted

If anybody wants to check it out for the lol'z Chud is being announced as the HC at 11:00 am

Posted

dance.gif

Posted

There's not enough dark rum in the free world to make that look good.

theres not enough to make me forget i saw that.

Posted

shouldve just fired rivera if we are going to go through an entire staff makeover.

this.

i thought the point of keeping RR was for continuity etc. half the damn coaching staff is fired. too many new faces are going to make synchronization and chemistry a little harder.

hate to say, but get your tin foil hats ready for the first part of the season again.

Posted

Some guy called into WFNZ 610 and said he saw Gettleman, Danny Morrison and Norv were having lunch at Mimosa Grill downtown today. ...of course that bafoon, Marc James started woofing with doubt and asking for a pic before the guy could finish getting it out of his mouth... I wanted to call in just to tell him to STFU so we could hear what the guy had to say! Apparently he was on to something, maybe Norv is in negotiations to be the new OC!

GO Chargers! uh, i mean Panthers!

Posted

Posted

Kevin Acee (San Diego Trubune) says Norv is currently vacationing in Hawaii.

Norv Turner is probably headed to be Rob Chudzinski's offensive coordinator in Cleveland. No deal done ... BTW, he's vacationing in Hawaii.

(link)

I'd take all "Norv in Charlotte" stories with a grain of salt right now.

Posted

:goodjob: