218 replies to this topic

#136 wade

wade

cop a squat, cupcakes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

you're an idiot, Norv is never going to HC again.

You think they'd promote McDermott over Norv if Rivera got canned mid-season? Also, cool name-calling brah.

#137 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,837 posts

OMG IS THIS REAL?!?!? So many changes coming so fast.

#138 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,489 posts

LOL!! All this is hilarious, we wanted some action and we got it.

#139 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

After year one I wanted Chud to stay, then he took a top 5 offense and destroyed itwith gimmicks. Then he waited till the season was over to revert to more conventional sets.

Any OC should thrive with our QB and weapons, Im not worried.

#140 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Mike Shula will be promoted to OC. Rivera was given a year to get his shat together, he's going to do it his way with his guys. Rivera isn't going to hire an interim head coach to replace himself when he starts slow next season. Big name candidates come with big time pressure, especially when they're no stranger to having run the show themselves. A low key promotion for the QB coach not only keeps offensive continuity it also prevents a "too many cooks in the kitchen" atmosphere on the sidelines.

Provided of course the new OC actually stands on the sideline and doesn't sit in the blimp like Chud. I wonder if they can make him a little booth on the sideline in Cleveland.

#141 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

P. Schrager@PSchrags

Here's what I know on CLE situation-- Chud is HC, Norv is coming with him, Norv's son Scott Turner is too...D will move to a 3-4 scheme.

#142 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,961 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I just had a thought so pure and holy it could never be true. What WHAT IF. Chud took Clausen with him? We could trade him for an 8th round pick signed sealed delivered.

#143 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Watch him take Dave Toub too

#144 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

which is why i said they are going to clean house and end up with the top pick next year. im calling it.

LOL

#145 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

LOL all these people saying Shula for OC sound just like the Beane will be our GM crowd.

We know how that worked out..

#146 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,658 posts

I remember our defense not stopping a lot of people late in games(Atlanta, Chicago, Tampa, Cowboys).

seriously I can beat this argument with one hand and half my brain behind my back because the offense while bad in some games, is not the reason we didn't make the playoffs this year, and this is my point, Chud got the offense working together good enough to get the Job done, with that being the case and watching the Panthers for years before hand under Fox, why would you want Chud gone?

The defense was streaky, but still showed signs of greatness in games. After they gelled, they played great and were consistent. However on offense, you could always tell it was Chud holding the team back with that stupid read option crap. And when we needed good play calling in critical moments of the game, he would fail most of the time even after giving up read option as a base. That had been a weakness of his from day 1. Beating crappy teams doesn't make him a good OC.

#147 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

screw it.. dont even hire an OC. save the money. give cam 10 different packages to choose from and let him call the shots.

#148 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I remember our defense not stopping a lot of people late in games(Atlanta, Chicago, Tampa, Cowboys).

seriously I can beat this argument with one hand and half my brain behind my back because the offense while bad in some games, is not the reason we didn't make the playoffs this year, and this is my point, Chud got the offense working together good enough to get the Job done, with that being the case and watching the Panthers for years before hand under Fox, why would you want Chud gone?

Chud got the stats to look good, but he went into the "prevent" offense too much when we had leads in the second half of games. Not to mention he virtually dismantled our running attack when we have so much money tied up in that position. The read option works in spots, but not when you become too predictable and force the running backs to play with one hand behind their back by only running that dumb read draw play. In addition to this, his offensive play calls were causing Cam to take too many hits/ sacks/ pressures because they were so long developing. On his behalf his offensive scheme can be exciting and you can really make yourself look good if you're playing an undisciplined defense, but the good teams shut us down....save for Atlanta.

#149 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,221 posts

Holy poo

#150 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

This is why we need Norv Turner, BAD

only way we can save next season IMO

Chud caught a lot of Crap on here but IMO he was the best thing that we had going for us

It would make more sense to just promote Shula or Scott Turner. Shula will keep the same system in place for Cam at least. Turner will probably be gone with Chud and his daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com