• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#106 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Norv Turner is going with Chud to Cleveland to be his OC.

#107 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,070 posts

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo

Panthers scored TDs on 25% of their drives w/ Rob Chudzinksi as off. coordinator during the last 2 seasons (4th-highest in NFL).

#108 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,065 posts

Btw, this is the equilivant of us hiring Dan Henning a few years back as our HC after firing him as OC while having success in Miami in a gimmicky wildcat scheme (that defenses later figured out). I feel for the Browns.

#109 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I wonder if Jeff Davidson is available?

neg rep

#110 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,065 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Ok serious question, all you Chud harers, did you guys not watch the last half of the season where our offense played lights out and had amazing time of possesion? Chud was great to close out the season. Man JR screwed up BIG time, Gettleman should have chose now to fire Rivera knowing Chud would be gone anyway, now we are stuck in this big clusterfug where Cam has to learn a new playbook anyway all while we keep Rivera anyway.

The problem with Chud isn't his ability. It's all about trust. We can't trust him. When he has his head out of his ass, he's pretty good. But most of the time his ego gets the best of him and he calls terrible plays in crucial situations. The read option as a base killed our offense. When he finally called more pro plays, we did well. All the next OC has to do is call professional football plays where Cam excels.

#111 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

HELL YES!!! Now I am optimistic about next season. Chud was the main reason holding back this team.

How about this Kat, instead of just neg repping me how about you argue this:

"Coordinators dont get promoted to HC because they have been sucking at their Job, especially on a team that goes sub .500 two seasons in a row"

the problem is you can't, this is bad news for the Panthers, you just don't know it.

#112 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Chud, Wishing you the best. But damn this is bitter sweet.

#113 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Do you guys think this could change Rivera staying, i mean Gettleman could just tell Rivera "Look, the decision to keep you was based on the assumption Cam would have continuity in the same offense, since Cam has to learn a new offense now anyway, I feel it better to move on as a team in a entirely new direction in one fell swoop." I mean seriously, this makes Rivera staying now completely pointless

#114 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

LMAO!! what the blue hell??

#115 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

I forgot the OC is on the field making the plays. We have the same guys, the same Cam Newtown at QB. There will be other qualified, solid guys to bring in that will know how to run a gimmick-free offense. We will be fine on offense...

As good as Chud was at times he laid so many eggs. Not a sign of a boss OC in my opinion

#116 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,065 posts

How about this Kat, instead of just neg repping me how about you argue this:

"Coordinators dont get promoted to HC because they have been sucking at their Job, especially on a team that goes sub .500 two seasons in a row"

the problem is you can't, this is bad news for the Panthers, you just don't know it.

Oh yes this is bad when Chud goes back to the read option next season as a base to see if it works this time then doesnt adjust till halfway past the season. However, he has always had trouble with calling plays in crucial situations. This is great for the Panthers. Have you forgotten he's the reason why our season went down the drain? Read option as a base? Really?

#117 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

I know I never want Norv anywhere close to the Panthers' head coaching gig. I'd go so far as to say it might get me to stop following the team. What is he, 4-4 in the playoffs? One AFC Championship appearance? SIGN ME UP FOR SOME OF THAT.

you're an idiot, Norv is never going to HC again.

#118 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Do you guys think this could change Rivera staying, i mean Gettleman could just tell Rivera "Look, the decision to keep you was based on the assumption Cam would have continuity in the same offense, since Cam has to learn a new offense now anyway, I feel it better to move on as a team in a entirely new direction in one fell swoop." I mean seriously, this makes Rivera staying now completely pointless

Sure we could do that, but it would be viewed as one of the shittiest things done by a franchise in the history of the NFL.

"Ron you are safe."

"Now you are fired"

#119 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

So Chud is gone along with Scott Turner. Wow about the changes going on in Carolina. Reports are that Norv will follow them to be the OC. WOW

#120 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Holy hell I didn't think they would actually do it.

So they make him head coach 5 years after firing him as offensive coordinator? Only the Browns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com