Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential OC Candidates Here

101 posts in this topic

Posted

Hrm. His source(s) broke Rivera staying about an hour before it happened...

So is he saying that the Panthers is a better situation for Norv? That tweet can be interpreted multiple ways...

Posted

so has norv officially moved or what?

According to wikipedia he has. I haven't seen the story actually break though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norv_Turner

The article on espn just says that chud is going to target norv. Not that he actually hired him, yet.

Posted

did you just cite wikipedia

Posted

Dan Henning for OC please

Posted

New offense=growing pains. Growing pains isn't what Rivera wants, he wants to WIN now. Because he has to.

I disagree. Mike Shula= Growing Pains. Mike Shula= losses. A blue chip guy like Whisenhunt can give Rivera an edge in preperation and play calling if his ego can handle it. I'm not worried about Cam learning a Bruce Arians/Whisenhunt playbook. That's not the same as say a Gruden playbook.

Posted

There you have it folks, Wikipedia has been updated.

Posted

So is he saying that the Panthers is a better situation for Norv? That tweet can be interpreted multiple ways...

Depends. He's given more freedom with the Panthers, which is a good thing unless he'd rather have a HC who will chime in.

Personally I feel like Cam Newton + full control over offense is way more appealing than the Browns and Chud breathing down your neck

Posted

How about Tresman if we start whiffing on coaches. If he wants back in NFL.

Posted

How about Tresman if we start whiffing on coaches. If he wants back in NFL.

This is actually not a bad idea. I would be ok with this.

Posted

Lord almighty, Wikipedia :rolleyes:

Best option will be a Coryell guy. Turner would be the obvious choice. Cam Cameron, Geep Chryst and (dun dun dun) Mike Martz would be options there (no I don't want Martz; he's why Olsen wanted out of Chicago).

If he reaches back to the Charger days, he could also call Clarence Shelmon (currently retired) or Hal Hunter, Shelmon's replacement (better option as an OL coach).

Posted

lol wikipedia said Turner was on the "Panthars" staff and moved to Cleveland with "fellow Panthar" Chud.

Posted

I could see Geep Chryst as a real possibility given his past history with the Panthers and the fact that he has already been working with Cam Lite in Colin Kapernick.