#91 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Tom Moore would be a nice mentor to Cam Newton

Right system. Slightly younger than dirt but still coaching, I believe.

#92 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

I have to wonder if this "security" is even a big deal to Norv. Does anyone really think he wants to be an OC for a long time? He probably wants to OC for a year or two then get another HC job. So if anything, he can come here as OC and if Rivera shits the bed again he will have the foot in the door for the HC job here.

#93 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Why? I looked him up and as an OC he has a good winning record. Now as a HC not so good.
Not disagreeing with you its just that I have never followed a team that he has been apart of so I don't know anything about him other than what I just found.

I feel like Flacco kind of screwed Cameron in Baltimore. He looked like he was really coming into his own last year, but now checks down a lot every time I watch the Ravens, which is admittedly, very little.

I don't see why Norv would want to go be an OC underneath a former OC head coach that's new and is going to want his hand in everything. Every time I've been offered a job or promotion, a boss that doesn't fug with me and let's me do my job has always been appealing. Norv would certainly have that here.

#94 PeteRozelle

PeteRozelle

Random Drive by Pictures

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

How about Brian Billick??? He turned the Minnesota Vikings into quite the offensive powerhouse back in the day. If Rivera starts out bad again, he could fill in quite nicely as an interim coach.

I'm not sure he would even consider a coordinator position though.

pete

#95 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

The jags ex HC. He's an offensive guy

#96 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I feel like Flacco kind of screwed Cameron in Baltimore. He looked like he was really coming into his own last year, but now checks down a lot every time I watch the Ravens, which is admittedly, very little.

I don't see why Norv would want to go be an OC underneath a former OC head coach that's new and is going to want his hand in everything. Every time I've been offered a job or promotion, a boss that doesn't fug with me and let's me do my job has always been appealing. Norv would certainly have that here.

This seems to be more in line with what I have been reading, I think Norv would be number one on my wish list but Cameron seems like a good alt.

#97 Malt Liquor

Malt Liquor

Smoothest cat n da city

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Ken Whisenhunt. If things doesn't work out with Rivera he could be promoted to HC. but I hope everything works out and we win five superbowls back to back and they make dvd movies, and write books about the Carolina Panthers football dynasty.. GO PANTHERS!!!

#98 sulo

sulo

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Throw Chan Gailey's name into the mix. Runs a spread offense and has experience with a mobile QB from his days at Georgia Tech.

#99 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Whisenhunt and Gailey would be Erhardt-Perkins system guys.

I'd prefer to make as few changes to the offensive system as possible.

#100 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

I have to wonder if this "security" is even a big deal to Norv. Does anyone really think he wants to be an OC for a long time? He probably wants to OC for a year or two then get another HC job. So if anything, he can come here as OC and if Rivera shits the bed again he will have the foot in the door for the HC job here.

Norv's chances for another HC job are long gone.

#101 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

let's run a "backyard offense" and have Cam call the plays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com