Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Password is Taco

Norv Turner to the Browns

49 posts in this topic

On WFNZ this morning they are reporting that Rivera is still trying to get Norv Turner to come here and he was going to fight to get him. So, I don't think it's offical with Norv Turner in Cleveland just yet.

I heard that also. Also haven't seen anything that wasn't speculation on where Norv would go. I still think it might be the Browns but at this point noone knows.

Posturing by the Browns last night b/c Chud wants Norv (duh). But Rivera knows his job is on the line here...he will fight hard.

Rivera/Toub/Turner/McDermott/Gettleman 2013

Jerry needs to open up the checkbook to get Norv Turner here. If he's offered more money in Charlotte, wouldn't he rather come here and coach with his son? He probably knows how much nicer it is here than there, lol.

Jerry needs to open up the checkbook to get Norv Turner here. If he's offered more money in Charlotte, wouldn't he rather come here and coach with his son? He probably knows how much nicer it is here than there, lol.

his son is going to cleveland.

Scott will almost definitely go with Chud to Cleveland. The two are close friends and Scott is chud's right hand man.

But that does not spell doom for us either.

Wait and see before dodging pieces of the sky. I promise you if Norv was confirmed to Cleveland it would be plastered all over their stuff, it's not. Remember when they were minutes away from announcing Kelly as their head coach?

He still might go up there but it's not a done deal and I would be shocked if Rivera isn't fighting to get him.

On WFNZ this morning they are reporting that Rivera is still trying to get Norv Turner to come here and he was going to fight to get him. So, I don't think it's offical with Norv Turner in Cleveland just yet.

If he is smart he will. Its the difference in a 9-7 team and a 6-11.

I'd think Norv would have to think Carolina is attractive in that:

1) he can use it as a springboard to get back to being an HC

2) if Rivera is gone after next year, good chance he could take over as HC

Just my 2 cents

I'd think Norv would have to think Carolina is attractive in that:

1) he can use it as a springboard to get back to being an HC

2) if Rivera is gone after next year, good chance he could take over as HC

Just my 2 cents

Norv Turner is the Dom Campers of OCs.

I want him as an OC. I do not want any part of him as a HC.

I want Norv because I think he is a really good Offense Coordinator and the best one available at the Coryell Offense. I don't think he would do some of the crazy Chud stuff where he overthought the hell out of the offense. In San Diego they ran the hell out of the football with LT and then Tolbert/Matthews and won alot of games.

Norv Turner is the Dom Campers of OCs.

I want him as an OC. I do not want any part of him as a HC.

Oh, I agree. Being in the Bay Area saw turner do horrible with raiders as HC, then fantastic as Niners OC.

I was just suggesting from his POV.

Remember before we played the Chargers the way Norv was talking lol

Come on Norv

Well that couldn't have worked out worse.

Yes, it could have. Chud could have stayed in Carolina.