Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Shula is promoted to OC

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Shula is a shitty QB coach. I'd rather he not control the offense. Dude can't even coach Cam.

Cam has accounted for more offense than any QB in NFL history in his first 2 seasons.....and only had 1 yr do real college ball coming in. Cam also made huge strides from start to finish in his demeanor.....

I'd say Shula has done alright.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam has accounted for more offense than any QB in NFL history in his first 2 seasons.....and only had 1 yr do real college ball coming in. Cam also made huge strides from start to finish in his demeanor.....

I'd say Shula has done alright.

But has he done all that just based on Cam being Cam? Because he still displays poor footwork under pressure and other small fundamental things that it's the QB coach's job to fix.

Posted

When Shula was the OC in Tampa, they had 1 losing season in his 4 yrs. That was his first year.

He had guys like Shuan King playing QB.

Posted

I'm not a big fan of this idea.. But I can see it happening unfortunately if that does happen I'd try to get Chris Weinke as the QB coach

Posted

But has he done all that just based on Cam being Cam? Because he still displays poor footwork under pressure and other small fundamental things that it's the QB coach's job to fix.

He has worked well with a VERY emotional young QB....saw big changes this year. Talking off field.

Big Ben and Eli have horrible footwork as well often....and they aren't 2nd yr players. Cam was raw....takes more than 2 seasons IMO

Posted

Wtf Shula is part of the reason Cam did so well at the end of this season. Did people miss that thread?

Posted

Im thinking Weinke gets pay more working at IMG than coming to be a QB coach

Posted

I'm not a big fan of Shula as an OC.

There are other options that still keep Newton in the same system.

Posted

we can't rely on finding whatever random person runs this system for the next decade so Cam never has to deal with a change. he can handle it.

Posted

I'd be more worried about losing Shula as the QB coach. Rip Scherer ruined Jake Delhomme. A shitty QB coach can do that to a player.

Posted

Why do you people hate Cam? Do you really want to ruin his career by promoting Shula?