Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herbert The Love Bug

There is No Confirmation on Norv Going to the Browns

56 posts in this topic

I have to do some research...I'm only 24 years old and haven't heard of those guys except for Cam Cameron was who the OC for the Browns and I believe he was a HC/OC for the Dolphins.

Look into Matt Cavanaugh too (recently dumped by the Jets).

Not dead certain he's a Coryell guy but I think he is, and I'm guessing he'd be a lot happier coaching Cam Newton than he was with Mark Sanchez.

If it's not Turner, Rivera could try to talk Clarence Shelmon out of retirement or could go after Cam Cameron.

I don't know how worth it Shelmon would be considering he just basically looked pretty as OC.

Pretty sure Whisenhunt runs a conventional offense (i.e. non-WCO) but I'd prefer someone with a closer association to Turner because he was Chudzinski's mentor (smoothest transition).

For that reason, I'd definitely be in favor of Ken Zampese.

Cam had no transition to the pros, due to the lockout. I think you're overvaluing transition; he has proven he can deal with as much as can be thrown at him.

I don't know how worth it Shelmon would be considering he just basically looked pretty as OC.

What's John Ramsdell up to right now? I'm guessing he'd be available.

And why'd they replace Shelmon with Hunter rather than Ramsdell?

What's John Ramsdell up to right now? I'm guessing he'd be available.

And why'd they replace Shelmon with Hunter rather than Ramsdell?

Ramsdell's in limbo, like everyone else not named Bisaccia. There really was no discussion on why or what when Hunter was named.

Cam had no transition to the pros, due to the lockout. I think you're overvaluing transition; he has proven he can deal with as much as can be thrown at him.

Transition to a different base set didn't go so well this past season.

From what I know, guys with Steeler ties tend to be Erhardt-Perkins. I know Mularkey is that and I'm pertty sure Whisenhunt is too. That's not as big a change as say, WCO, but I'd still prefer sticking as close as possible.

Bob Frantz@FrantzRants

Voice of Browns Jim Donovan confirmed to me tonight that Norv Turner WILL be joining Rob Chudzinski as Off. Coord of the #Browns#wtam1100

Joe Person@josephperson

As for Norv, @FrantzRants said the Browns play-by-play announcer told him Chud mentioned bringing Norv with him in his interview w/ Browns.

Frantz Rants is Cleveland talk radio/reporter

Frantz Rants is Cleveland talk radio/reporter

Well damn!

If Turner doesn't come, then the OC will be Mike Shula, and oh by the way, Chud left his 900+ page playbook behind. So who needs Chud, lol!

The audacity of Chud lol, trying bring Norv with him huh? LOL

Rivera, I KNOW you not having that

chud smarter than ron.

its official.

For those with more knowledge than I, are we assuming it'll be a Coryell guy because that's what we've had recent (moderate) success with? Are we assuming they don't want a complete offensive change? Makes sense but I was just wondering why you feel it's limited to those kind of OC's?