Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.I to the 'Cats?

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Two years ago maybe. Not now. Does he have the speed? He might still have the hunger but I don't know.

I'm sure Brown can work him in and maximize his talents.

This is a huge year for the Bobcats. No playoffs and this entire franchise is in serious trouble.

Maybe the whole reason is to sell at least 3k more a game and maybe AI is worth that much I don't know.

Getting him might be the short term answer for both tixs and just enough to get into the playoffs, long term that is tough.

Posted

I want a young superstar, not a washed up one. :(

Posted

AI can do about 3-4 more years. Having someone of his talent level will instantly legitimize our roster and playoff chances. AI at 80% is better than most of his counterparts. Having him and Gerald Wallace on the floor along with our other recent pickups would be electric and would be trouble for defenses.

We still need an answer to Dwight Howard if we are to get anywhere in our division. We play the Lakers and the Celtics well so we're just a step or draft pick away IMO.

Posted

This is a huge year for the Bobcats. No playoffs and this entire franchise is in serious trouble.

Maybe the whole reason is to sell at least 3k more a game and maybe AI is worth that much I don't know.

Bringing him in to sell tickets is the wrong move. Its not gonna work here. And this past playoffs should show us that small shooting guards rarely get you over the top. The Bobcats dont need to do any more moves to sell tickets. They've gone 5 years without much local support so I dont see how another 1 is gonna kill the franchise. The reality is, the Bobcats are just 1 of many NBA franchises with financial problems right now.

Posted

As close as we were to getting into the postseason this year, Iverson would put us over the top. At some point you have to stop collecting young players and start bringing in some veterans to round out the group. Bringing in one of the best scorers of all time is never a bad call.

Iverson, Diaw, Wallace, Okafor, Bell, Radmanovich, Augustine, etc. That is a group of guys that i'd go to battle with any day of the week.

Posted

Again, I said this once and I'll say it again... Larry Brown is a LIVING LEGEND and when Brown talks, step back, and listen.

Larry likes A.I. Aside from A.I.'s rant about "practice", only Larry and A.I. know the truth about what went down and obviously Larry holds no beef these days.

Bottom line is... we need to score & rebound better. Iverson doesn't fill the rebounding need, but he does help with scoring. PLUS Allen is a leader and true winner... I think him and Wallace would work well together and it might spark a fire under Okafor.

Posted

Bobcats coach Larry Brown said recently that unrestricted free agent Allen Iverson "has a big chip on his shoulder. . .He's got a trainer and is taking care of himself."

A.I. burned his fantasy owners last season, posting sub-par numbers in Detroit while struggling with a back injury and an unfamiliar (and unwelcome) role off the bench.

Source: Charlotte Observer

If this is true than what whatever team signs AI is going to be scary. Seriously, Iverson with AN EVEN BIGGER chip on his shoulder, AND HE IS ACTUALLY PRACTICING?!? look out.

I don't know if AI would sign with the Cats, he wants a championship. But the Cats do have a good role ready for him, and they are in need of a ball dominating penetrater like Iverson is, not to mention having Larry Brown for a coach.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted

He sure helped the Pistons out, and the Nuggets went straight downhill without him.

No thanks.

Posted

He sure helped the Pistons out, and the Nuggets went straight downhill without him.

No thanks.

I think that is an unfair arguement. Granted the Nuggets did surge once he left, that was more do to the fact they brough int Chauncy and the role he filled. The Nuggets needed a vetern point guard. We all know A.I. is a scorer first. He didnt fit with that team from day one.

As for Detriot, they have been on the decline all year long and that was inevitalbe coming off their recent run.

I would love to have A.I. go to the Bobcats for the next couple years. He is a proven scorer and Larry Brown knows how to use him the best, see Philly tenure.

Sure, he is at the end of his career, but he is going to help score points for this team (which they need bad) and bring more money in for this franchise (which they also need bad).

Will he win a championship in Charlotte? Probably not, but he will help this franchise make the playoffs and put some life in it. All the while, the Bobcats can begin to look for his replacement over the next couple years.

Posted

No thanks.

The Pistons are a half court offense, putting AI in that is dumb.

The Nuggets were good, but they played no defense.

Posted

Adding another Wrinkle to this, if we do indeed get rid of Rad and Nozar for Dal from Philly. It cuts a lot of payroll and makes us keeping Felton and getting AI possible. just saying....

Posted

I can't help but believe that a trade is coming on or near draft day. If we unload a couple contracts such a thing could be very possible.

AI could alternate between 1&2 along with Felton and Augustine. That would be a fearsome trio of guards.