Photo
- - - - -

Hue Jackson bandwagon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#25 kepickle

kepickle

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

this is my pick for OC I think he could be a better play caller than Turner or Chud & he's a power run guy the only thing is he'd expect us to sign a stud Run Blocking FB & a Run Blocking TE

#26 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

this is my pick for OC I think he could be a better play caller than Turner or Chud & he's a power run guy the only thing is he'd expect us to sign a stud Run Blocking FB & a Run Blocking TE

We may need a better blocking tight end on the roster, but I believe Tobert can handle blocking. He just wasn't asked to that much. Versatile tight ends are available in the 5 th round. The flashy ones that project to catch 60+ balls are the ones that are gone by the second round.

#27 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

We may need a better blocking tight end on the roster, but I believe Tobert can handle blocking. He just wasn't asked to that much. Versatile tight ends are available in the 5 th round. The flashy ones that project to catch 60+ balls are the ones that are gone by the second round.

I think Tolbert can handle the blocking duties. He was asked to be more of a tailback in SD than a true fullback.

But Jackson likes to use his fullbacks as receivers and runners as well. Tolbert can be that versatile guy.

I'm a little worried about Olsen though. He may have to bulk up to stay on the field.

#28 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm a little worried about Olsen though. He may have to bulk up to stay on the field.

I don't think so....two tight end sets, Olsen and a blocking TE would be perfect.

#29 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

I think Tolbert can handle the blocking duties. He was asked to be more of a tailback in SD than a true fullback.

But Jackson likes to use his fullbacks as receivers and runners as well. Tolbert can be that versatile guy.

Zach Miller had his best season with Hue. I don't think it will be an issue. Besides Olsen can split out or even H back like he and Shockey did year 1. I'm excited about what this guy will do for our running game. If we put a dominant running game on the field with Cam's big play ability we are going to be really hard to stop. We could've one several more games this year if we had been able to run the ball in the 4th qtr(like Houston or 49ers) to close the games out.

#30 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hartsock is a good blocker

#31 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

I don't think so....two tight end sets, Olsen and a blocking TE would be perfect.

Agree, but I watched a few games from the Raiders in 2010 and 2011, and they run very few two TE sets. It'll be an adjustment if he does.

#32 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Zach Miller had his best season with Hue. I don't think it will be an issue. Besides Olsen can split out or even H back like he and Shockey did year 1. I'm excited about what this guy will do for our running game. If we put a dominant running game on the field with Cam's big play ability we are going to be really hard to stop. We could've one several more games this year if we had been able to run the ball in the 4th qtr(like Houston or 49ers) to close the games out.

Zach Miller is a good blocking TE. Olsen not so much.

I agree, Jackson would improve the running game by leaps and bounds.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Agree, but I watched a few games from the Raiders in 2010 and 2011, and they run very few two TE sets. It'll be an adjustment if he does.

it would be a very minor one.

not a big deal.

#34 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

it would be a very minor one.

not a big deal.

Perhaps, but he seems to like to use 2 RBs and 2 WRs on first and second down. If he goes 2 TEs, he'll have to resort to either one back or one wide out.