52 replies to this topic

#31 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

i'm convinced you've never watched the panthers in your life

e: hold the phone, i remember you. you're that guy who suggested that chud to head coach of the panthers would be a desirable scenario a while back.

Interim HC only until a GM was hired, then gut the entire team....that was my suggestion.

#32 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,797 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Every game at least 2 times due to NFL Rewind.

The play book was tailored to Cam and he was not allowed to audible until late late in the 2013 season.

Cam was coddled by Chud.

he sure was being coddled in those martz-esque minimal pass protection schemes with play action that took 2 to 3 seconds to develop. how is being set up to fail (no audibling as you noted) being "coddled"? having the entire offense run through you is a funny definition of "coddled".

yeah i've watched every game multiple times too. you're crazy if you watch those games and think that the reason we were running that offense was because cam was too dumb for anything else.

#33 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'll give them 7-8.

I give the Panthers 3-5 considering the offense will have to learn a new playbook. Cam has been coddled for 2 years. It could get ugly with the wrong OC

Why is it do difficult for folks to believe that maybe we hire an OC that gets it? Why must it be worst case scenario with you folks?

3-5 wins. C'mon man. That is just down right silly.

Everyone seems to be behind Gettlemen. But in just a matter of days no one seems to feel he can take care of this.

#34 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 577 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I wish Chud all the best! Now let´s look for the next OC. Hopefully he knows how to use RBs.

#35 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

he sure was being coddled in those martz-esque minimal pass protection schemes with play action that took 2 to 3 seconds to develop. how is being set up to fail (no audibling as you noted) being "coddled"? having the entire offense run through you is a funny definition of "coddled".

yeah i've watched every game multiple times too. you're crazy if you watch those games and think that the reason we were running that offense was because cam was too dumb for anything else.

Chud ran an offense that Cam was familiar with and could adapt to. If you actually watched the games, you would see that every game plan was different on offense depending on the opponent. Chud game planned every game and basically handed Cam the plays to call. I never said Cam was too dumb to audible, I said Chud coddled him, which he did by controlling the play book rather than forcing Cam to read the defense. That's coddled.

#36 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

If anything we did the opposite of coddling. Our game plan was to make the entire offense run through Newton, especially in year 2. He was going to be our leading rusher, passer and if Chud could have figured a way to do it, he would have lead in receptions as well. It was one of the reasons that whole "we lose if Cam throws an INT" thing was around for so long. By design, Cam had to carry everyone. Once we started firing people mid season, coaching pulled their heads from their asses and started calling a more pro/sane offensive strat and we looked a whole lot better.

#37 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Note to self: Do not draft T Rich for my fantasy team next season..

#38 Racist Cat Lady

Racist Cat Lady

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

he's smarter than river, tho. he had enough sense to go out and get a guy with HC experience on his staff.

we'll be looking for a replacement before them.

Didn't Rivera just say in hindsight he would have brought in a former head coach to help him... You don't think chud got the idea from that?!

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Didn't Rivera just say in hindsight he would have brought in a former head coach to help him... You don't think chud got the idea from that?!

you don't think rivera should have known that ahead of time?

#40 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

chud took power this past year away from cam for most the season in an effort to make it easy on him and limit mistakes, but it had the opposite effect because it took away cam's ability to make something out of nothing...which there was a whole lot of early on. it treated cam like a child incapable of making grown up decisions.

i put that on rivera and chud, esp. for waiting so long to change what they were doing.

the fact that it was read option based isn't the issue. it was changing what didn't need to be changed and waiting too long to adjust to something else or at least revert to what worked before. if something doesn't work, change. if you don't have the personnel needed to do what you want, change what you want to do to fit the personnel you have.

#41 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

chud took power this past year away from cam for most the season in an effort to make it easy on him and limit mistakes, but it had the opposite effect because it took away cam's ability to make something out of nothing...which there was a whole lot of early on. it treated cam like a child incapable of making grown up decisions.

i put that on rivera and chud, esp. for waiting so long to change what they were doing.

the fact that it was read option based isn't the issue. it was changing what didn't need to be changed and waiting too long to adjust to something else or at least revert to what worked before. if something doesn't work, change. if you don't have the personnel needed to do what you want, change what you want to do to fit the personnel you have.

Basically, what you are saying, is that they had an if-it-ain't-broke-fix it:If-it-is-broke-don't-fix-it;deer-in-the-headlights mentality? Frustrating, to say the least.

LOL

#42 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Basically, what you are saying, is that they had an if-it-ain't-broke-fix it:If-it-is-broke-don't-fix-it;deer-in-the-headlights mentality? Frustrating, to say the least.

LOL

exactly. nail on the head.

#43 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

exactly. nail on the head.

Even Fox was faster to adjust. Ha Ha.

Anyway, you know where I stand on giving Rivera this third year. Keep the faith, man.

#44 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

So...if the Panthers hadn't blown those 5 4th quarter leads, would you guys still be crucifying Chud as the scapegoat?

This place kills me. Teflon Ron is the problem. The entire coaching staff is gone except TR and McDermott.....what a joke....the 2 that are responsible for losing the 5 4th quarter leads are still here...the guy that got the leads Chud is now the scapegoat....HELL FIRE!!!

#45 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 794 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

The Ravens and Steelers are a shadow of their former selves. They're on the decline and will spend a few years trying to get back to where they once were. There might be a window of opportunity opening up in that division.

I can see the Browns being a team similar to what the Vikings were this year. Mediocre QB that can turn it on for a few games, a strong RB that the team can lean on, and a stingy defense.

While I am not expecting much, I hope Chud does well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com