Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

All signs point to Shula...

85 posts in this topic

yay. we get a downgrade from a questionable OC.

awesome sauce is overflowing.

Its not rocket science people.

If you are Rivera, and you know if you fail this year you are fired, do you install a completely new offense and give it at least half a season to gel or do you promote from within, keep the same offense, and hope for the best?

Rivera does not strike me as a huge risk taker. He promotes from within.

agreed and it's a huge knock against him.

With Cam, our backfield, Smitty and Olsen...we dont need a guy who is "creative." We just need someone who will be smart and not try to do too much. I dont want a John Fox type offense, but put the ball in Williams, Stew and Tolberts hands and let them carry us. Cam can, but Chud tried to do too much with Cam as the QB. I think this offense can be top 5 once again by just simply simplifying things.

One, Shula never had a Cam motherf*cking Newton as his QB in Tampa Bay. Two, we could definitely stand to be a little more conservative in offensive philosophy with the running back talent on this team. Cam's natural aggressiveness will keep the big plays coming.

it may sound dumb but at this point i think cam's development should be the top priority

continuity is good for that kind of thing

One, Shula never had a Cam motherf*cking Newton as his QB in Tampa Bay. Two, we could definitely stand to be a little more conservative in offensive philosophy with the running back talent on this team. Cam's natural aggressiveness will keep the big plays coming.

just like it did for 10 weeks this past season, right?

sorry, but what we learned this year was that you can't just put any OC there and cam will be great.

I swear if we destroy this team's potential because we refuse to let go of the past I'll be so pissed.

"grr! Hate that confounded highfalutin passing game!! Gimme real football with a losing record any day!"

1 person likes this

it may sound dumb but at this point i think cam's development should be the top priority

won't do him much good if he's just going to end up with another coaching staff next year.

at this point i honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him bolt when his contract is up. this team is screwed up. i think we found our savior GM too late.

Not dumb at all. Developing and then extending Cam should be #1. He is more valuable to this team than any coach or coordinator at this point.

just like it did for 10 weeks this past season, right?

sorry, but what we learned this year was that you can't just put any OC there and cam will be great.

Since we never ran the ball, those big play chances never had the time to develop. That's the whole point of going with a more conservative mentality, it opens up the play action. We weren't screaming at Chud because he was running Foxball, now were we?

Either way its not a good thing. The only OC that could have came in and not missed a beat chud cherry picked right from under us.

I swear if we destroy this team's potential because we refuse to let go of the past I'll be so pissed.

"grr! Hate that confounded highfalutin passing game!! Gimme real football with a losing record any day!"

we have two very high octane offenses in our division but we want to go conservative.

makes no sense whatsoever.

1 person likes this