Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gantt's Rant

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Stability is important. But the HC is the stabilizing factor. Changing OCs is not he end of the world. It is only a mess if we fail this year. I, and many, don't see us failing. If so, the HC and new OC will be together for a while.

I like how you make it sound like half his staff abandoned him. Chud and Turner are the only two that left of their own free will. Talk about spin.

I know your heart was broken this year. But, please, come back off the ledge.

meh...you spun what i said. most the staff that left is gone because he fired several and then he's had one and maybe two walk out to greener pastures.

he is having a significant turnover in the staff. that's not stability.

Posted

I basically posted a shortened version of what Gantt says and he gets 3 ups and I dont?

Gotta love the Huddle lol

1 person likes this

Posted

I like Gantt quite a bit but he has been particularly uh.. strident? bitchy? regarding the Panthers lately.

I think switching OCs in a year where Rivera has to win will keep us simple and move us a little bit back to basics on the offense. After watching Chud's fugmuppetry for two years I can handle a season of simple/basic.

Posted

I said during the bux game on opening weekend that we were so wrong that it would have to get worse, way worse before it got better. I said it would be a hard off season to both predict and to accept. Even though we improved on the field(something I did not think we could do) the hard stuff that will truly test us all in one way or another is coming to fruition.

Posted

I basically posted a shortened version of what Gantt says and he gets 3 ups and I dont?

Gotta love the Huddle lol

When you quit posting for rep, you will get rep. It's all very zen.

1 person likes this

Posted

This year is definitely different than others. We are $16 million over the cap.

We will make a few moves and "be ok" cap wise. But those moves will include some fan favorites.

Yeah but there's never enough good info on our cap situation this time of year.

Some say we were $6Mil under this years cap and we can carry that over to next year. That would leave us at $10Mil over and then you cut a few restructure a few and we'll end up $10-$15Mil under at some point, just like this year. Even the reporters disagree on salary cap numbers at times.

But even my argument is flawed because, again, we don't have good info right now. I have faith that we'll be fine salary cap wise

Posted

So in translation... "With the 1st pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select..."

Posted

I personally would have fired Chud and hired Norv the moment the season ended anyways... who wants an OC that has to be babysat by the HC?

Posted

Some say we were $6Mil under this years cap and we can carry that over to next year. That would leave us at $10Mil over and then you cut a few restructure a few and we'll end up $10-$15Mil under at some point, just like this year. Even the reporters disagree on salary cap numbers at times.

But even my argument is flawed because, again, we don't have good info right now. I have faith that we'll be fine salary cap wise

Also there are always ridiculous built in contract escalators that don't trigger, and lower some guys cap numbers the next year. I think one time a fifth string receiver had a "Win the Super Bowl MVP" escalator that he didn't hit, and it lowered his cap figure the following year.

Most people don't know about those clauses because you would have to have a copy of the contract to read that stuff. . . which the media doensn't. So I'm always wary of cap projections because people are working with fuzzy information.

Posted

And we will pick from the scrap heap of Free Agency.

Posted

Can someone explain to me why JR is giving Rivera an unproven coach so much control??? He killed foxy but not Rivera.

Rivera took control after Hurney was fired. Now he's cutting guys without Gettleman's opinion. I'm sick of it.

who is he cutting without Genttleman's opinion? His staff? HC builds his staff....Hurney made the right call letting Rivera bring in Chud. You don't hire a HC and then have a GM appoint who his staff is....Gantt is off base there. His opinion on RR awhile back slants all his writing now.

Posted

So in translation... "With the 1st pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select..."

lol...not with Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly on this team.