• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#11 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

I think everyone with eyes knew this. Just another bad mistake from Rivera. Honesty I have no fuging idea why JR kept him. Dumb move IMO.

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I think everyone with eyes knew this. Just another bad mistake from Rivera. Honesty I have no fuging idea why JR kept him. Dumb move IMO.

Posted Image

#13 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Nobody saw Chud leaving. And I love all the snarky fugging comments by these guys in the media.

"It was cute for the moment." It was also effective which is one of the reasons why we finished in back to back season with a top 10 offense in TDs per drive and are 4th in TDs per drive over the last two seasons.

This is the type of poo that makes me hate the media. They are eager to pounce. Gantt seems genuinely upset that Rivera did not get fired.

And one last thing, if Gettleman was that concerned about not hiring his own coach, he could have just not taken the fugging job.

I agree with u. His rantings reads more like he's upset with Rivera not be fired than anything else.

#14 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• LocationRaleigh NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Nobody saw Chud leaving. And I love all the snarky fugging comments by these guys in the media.

"It was cute for the moment." It was also effective which is one of the reasons why we finished in back to back season with a top 10 offense in TDs per drive and are 4th in TDs per drive over the last two seasons.

This is the type of poo that makes me hate the media. They are eager to pounce. Gantt seems genuinely upset that Rivera did not get fired.

And one last thing, if Gettleman was that concerned about not hiring his own coach, he could have just not taken the fugging job.

I guess what people are mainly trying to get at is that we are keeping Rivera because of the stability . We aren't showing any stability right now because half of the offensive staff is gone. It seems that we would have been better letting Rivera go because now he is a pretty much a lame duck coach with a new GM.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

I read the title as Grantts Ants

#16 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

When has he not been on a rant about the Panthers lately?

#17 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

kept his job because stability was important.

half the staff leaves including the OC.

#winning.

Stability is important. But the HC is the stabilizing factor. Changing OCs is not he end of the world. It is only a mess if we fail this year. I, and many, don't see us failing. If so, the HC and new OC will be together for a while.

I like how you make it sound like half his staff abandoned him. Chud and Turner are the only two that left of their own free will. Talk about spin.

I know your heart was broken this year. But, please, come back off the ledge.

#18 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I guess what people are mainly trying to get at is that we are keeping Rivera because of the stability . We aren't showing any stability right now because half of the offensive staff is gone. It seems that we would have been better letting Rivera go because now he is a pretty much a lame duck coach with a new GM.

This could have happened last year, and it could have happened next year, etc.

And I moderately disagree that we kept Rivera just to keep continuity on offense. He also went 6-2 the second half of the season with convincing wins over Atlanta and New Orleans, the defense saw huge improvement, and the team never quit on him.

He took a team that was 2-14, basically added a QB and some small parts, and has gotten them to 7-9.

I don't want to get into the business of fully defending Ron Rivera because I am skeptical that much will get better.

But we didn't keep Rivera just to keep Chud. If that was what we were worried about we just would have fired Rivera and promoted Chud to HC.

Plus this could end up being a positive. We just have to wait and see..

#19 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

No one can convince me that Gantt doesn't get some type of perverse pleasure at pointing to what he perceives as anarchy within the Panthers' organization. I do think he is taking some of this stuff (firings and FO decisions) personally, and I get the felling that he relishes the thought of saying "I told you so" when his predictions and pontifications ring true. There is just something not quite right about Gantt.

#20 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

The panthers could reunite Belichick's browns coaching staff from the early 90's and gantt would find a way to rant about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users