#77 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Unfortunately Gantt is spot on here.

Yeah, I'm sure Gantt's right and Gettleman doesn't have a clue about what he's doing.

Damn, I wonder why Gantt's not making huge money running and NFL team?

#78 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Rivera better get his stuff together....

and please STOP BRINGING IN CHARGERS.

#79 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Gantt's right and Gettleman doesn't have a clue about what he's doing.

You didn't read the article very well.

#80 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Unfortunately Gantt is spot on here.

Not seeing how, we don't have to implement a new system. And we will be using our RB's a lot more.....that sounds like an upgrade.

#81 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Not seeing how, we don't have to implement a new system. And we will be using our RB's a lot more.....that sounds like an upgrade.

Shula does not have the capacity to run Chud's offense. It will be a new system.

#82 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,080 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Shula does not have the capacity to run Chud's offense. It will be a new system.

Well, I am pretty sure he grasped it the past 2 season as he instructed Cam through it....

But I agree, Shula will run his own poo.

However, like Chud, Mike Shannahan, etc...another middle of the road coach will be viewed as as creative....thanks to his athletic beast of a QB. Shula will give Cam his read looks and chances to make plays.

#83 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

..only hope we have next year on offense is to let Shula call 2 plays and let Cam call a play every first down series...Cam should be getting a clue by now as to what should work to move the chains...

#84 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Well, I am pretty sure he grasped it the past 2 season as he instructed Cam

There is much more to an offense than just what the QB is doing.

#85 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Good DCs will eat shula alive this year. I'm just going into this season as a evaluation period. We should have a competitive team by 2016.

#86 DOMOMAN

DOMOMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Damn, I wonder why Gantt's not making huge money running and NFL team?

Don't give JR any ideas! you know how he loves sports writers

#87 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

..only hope we have next year on offense is to let Shula call 2 plays and let Cam call a play every first down series...Cam should be getting a clue by now as to what should work to move the chains...

You know I was thinking about that myself (Cam calling his own plays, when I heard the previously underachieving Shula got the gig, and I wasn't initially happy with it). LOL.

Seriously though: From listening to Shula, Greg Olsen, Steve Smith, Brandon Lafell and Ron Rivera, I wouldn't be surprised if Cam had much more input in what plays were run and audibling, compared to with Chud.

Smith, and some others on the team made it very clear (as we could see), that Chud called a lot of plays that didn't work, that the players weren't happy with that. And they also complained, that Chud didn't listen to his position coaches when it came to implementing the offense or play calling. So it only made sense, that Chud didn't really like audibling, cause he felt his plays were gold (even though Cam was very successful doing it).

And considering how everything was supposedly done for Cam's continuity by the team, I look forward to seeing him carry Shula (as he did Mulzahn, Chizik and Chud to great offenses, promotions and/or National Championships). LOL

#88 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

There is much more to an offense than just what the QB is doing.

Come on now, you can't be that oblivious. He knows much more to the offense than what Cam is just doing, he's been apart of the game plans, weekly meetings, etc....

The skepticism you have toward Shula is a bit unwarranted, are you a better photographer you were now then you were when you first started? Of course you are, experience and practice, makes perfect.

#89 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Come on now, you can't be that oblivious. He knows much more to the offense than what Cam is just doing, he's been apart of the game plans, weekly meetings, etc....

The skepticism you have toward Shula is a bit unwarranted, are you a better photographer you were now then you were when you first started? Of course you are, experience and practice, makes perfect.

He hasn't practiced calling plays or game planning in many years.

#90 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,466 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Oh no!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.