Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera on his job

78 posts in this topic

Posted

lol. hell let's hire Denny Green, since it's unknown if he's improved after the 12 times he's been fired before.

A lot of time has passed since he stunk it up as an OC/HC

I would hope he's better now but it's an unknown.

I'm sure the Patriots and Seahawks are glad they tried a retread.

Posted

is it still possible Gettlemen outs Ron and bring in another staff or is he handcuffed by Jerry's couple of words? They are just words...

Posted

an offensive coordinator who wants to interview as next HC...

Yeah, that's about it... someone who's definitely looking to move up/on after next season.

Posted

aww someones still butt hurt

About?

Is it the marriage that's getting to you? You're starting to make me reconsider proposing...

Posted

JR is Al Davis minus the SB wins and years of greatness.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think the team knew this was happening. That's why the WR coach and RB coach were let go, so a new OC could bring in his guys.

Ive been driving the Whisenhunt bandwagon for a good two months now. I definitely do not want Shula being promoted. Are the same people hyperventilating about Shula the same people who hyperventilated about Beane?

I think Jerry realizes he's in "win now" mode. He won't go with Shula unless its pure desperation.

Posted

http://www.theonion.com/articles/jon-gruden-drawing-interest-from-smiling-guy-in-mi,30871/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

Posted

Well, hopefully Gettleman brings in some top players to make up for the absence of coaching that we will yet again suffer next season.

Oh yeah, and it is up to Gettleman to hire the OC unless JR meddles, right? So, maybe we do get a guy who knows how to call plays and doesn't get caught up in being cute, or maybe Shula will best know how to call plays for the offense because he has worked most closely with Cam for two years.

Still plenty to be hopeful for. If the players are good enough and the OC is decent-good, we will win next year. Now, the bad part about that is Rivera will get credit for it.

Posted

ughh, your shriveled manhoods disgust me. Go eat some sweets, fatties, you'll feel better again soon.

Posted

I think the team knew this was happening. That's why the WR coach and RB coach were let go, so a new OC could bring in his guys.

Ive been driving the Whisenhunt bandwagon for a good two months now. I definitely do not want Shula being promoted. Are the same people hyperventilating about Shula the same people who hyperventilated about Beane?

I think Jerry realizes he's in "win now" mode. He won't go with Shula unless its pure desperation.

This^ I mean come on guys you act like no one could have even considered this happening. I'm sure JR, Rivera, and Gettlmen( sorry sp his name not familiar with it yet) knew this was likely to happen.

Posted

Not sure if this has been shared yet ... I know we have Rivera, but it looks like the reason Jon Gruden has been staying in the booth is because he wants the Carolina job if Rivera is ever fired.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21550628/four-teams-approach-jon-gruden-about-coach-openings

Posted

How is Shula unknown when he was an Offensivr Coord for Tampa in the 90s and a Head Coach for Alabama in the 2000s ? Just sayin

...and didnt win jack shyyt in either place. Pass on Shula.